By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Here's why I'm fine with Titanfall having no single player campaign.

Tagged games:

akuseru said:
Mr Puggsly said:
akuseru said:

Cool story bro...
Tell me how TitanFall plays 5/10/15 years down the road when the servers have been taken down, ok?

By the time the servers are shut down they'll probably be on the 3rd or 4th game in the series.

Anyhow, you missed the point of the OP. There is an abundance of enjoyable single player games in the wild. But fun multiplayer games are slim pickings.

I agree with that, and I am not disputing the fact that we have few MP games. But what if TF2, TF3 or TF4 is not enjoyable to you and you wanted to go back and play TF1, but cannot because the servers are down. There is no guarantee that Respawn will manage to maintain the quality throughout the series lifetime, and then you will be stuck with a game with no value. What if your favourite weapon is removed in TF2, what if they introduce something like "martyrdom" that annoys the hell out of you, what if TF2/TF3/TF4 is unbalanced? There are many things that can make you enjoy TF1 better than all future installments. Hopefully, Respawn/EA/MS will cater to their fans and keep the servers for TF1 up for as long as they can.

He wasn't saying that Titanfall was in his backlog. He said that he had a ton of Single Player games in his backlog. Titanfall is a break from that backlog being a multiplayer game.

Around the Network
akuseru said:

Cool story bro...
Tell me how TitanFall plays 5/10/15 years down the road when the servers have been taken down, ok?

What? We'll be playing Titanfall: Super Future warfare 2 on Mega Xbox by then!

So you're saying you like paying full ticket price for a movie that's only 30 minutes long because you have a bunch of movies in your DVR you haven't watch. Wow, movie studios must love you!!

You're an idiot...I rest my case.

moderated Kasz216

I'm fine with it since I don't play multiplayer. Now I don't have to feel like half my money is wasted on a mode I'll never play.

ronco2000 said:

So you're saying you like paying full ticket price for a movie that's only 30 minutes long because you have a bunch of movies in your DVR you haven't watch. Wow, movie studios must love you!!

I don't understand the analogy... probably because it doesn't make much sense.

Well I paid full price for Titanfall, but I'm going to spend much more time with it than the usual single player experience and it fills a void other games in my backlog simply won't. So... try again.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
I'm fine with it since I don't play multiplayer. Now I don't have to feel like half my money is wasted on a mode I'll never play.

I don't play a lot of multiplayer either. In most games I'll try the multiplayer a few times and never again.

However, there was a void in my heart for a fresh and genuinely fun multiplayer game. That void was so deep I would even consider paying full price solely for that multiplayer experience. So I did.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

ronco2000 said:

That's a weird analogy considering you spend way more time playing multiplayer than single player.

Also, you won't last long calling people names.

Mr Puggsly said:
SvennoJ said:

I don't play a lot of multiplayer either. In most games I'll try the multiplayer a few times and never again.

Same here.

I don't play much multiplayer either and I really would like this game, but I'm afraid I'm going to drop 60 and play it for 3-4 hours. The last game that I was seriously into Multiplayer was Halo 4... 

But I see your point, I have like 10 games in my backlog most of them HD collections that I probably won't start for awhile.

Cj2i3 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
SvennoJ said:

Same here.

I don't play much multiplayer either and I really would like this game, but I'm afraid I'm going to drop 60 and play it for 3-4 hours. The last game that I was seriously into Multiplayer was Halo 4... 

But I see your point, I have like 10 games in my backlog most of them HD collections that I probably won't start for awhile.

Yeah, some people are so black and white about online play. Either you do it or you don't!

A vast majority of my play time is spent offline, but there have been a handful of online games I spent many hours with. I look forward to online games that grab my attention like that because few do.

Recently Completed