By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Here's why I'm fine with Titanfall having no single player campaign.

Tagged games:

im fine with TitanFall not having a single player, the game is what it is. and its pretty good too! however you cant say that a titanfall game with a single player good be pretty awesome.

Around the Network

~Spam Comment Removed~

-Smeags

The more I notice and think about this game the more I kinda feel people are being ripped off everywhere, even PC users with their free online gaming. You are paying $60 for basically the multiplayer part of an FPS only and even then it has less features than most other MP FPS. You are then charged a small amount of money each month to play the game even when you don't want to play it, stop paying that small amount of money, you can't play at all. It would be like the next Call of Duty being released with most of the game modes removed, no sp or zombies and still charging you $60, then asking for $5 a month to play as well. No one in the world would stand for that at all. Yet here we are praising it.

If this is the future of of gaming, I really don't want to be a part of it.

This game should be compared to MAG not Call of Duty. A game you paid once for and played as much as you could.... until the servers got turned off. Titanfall is no different.

EDIT: Thanks, xionchuni, you're the best!

Hmm, pie.

akuseru said:
jlmurph2 said:
akuseru said:

Cool story bro...
Tell me how TitanFall plays 5/10/15 years down the road when the servers have been taken down, ok?

Not as good as the future Titanfall games that will be available to play ;)

And what if they're not?! What if TitanFall 2 has many faults or if YOU personally feel that they are taking the series in the wrong direction after the 2nd, 3rd or 4th installment? There is no guarantee that the IP will continue to get better in neither content nor quality, and if you are stuck with TF 2 and want to go back to TF 1 but cannot, then I guess it is "tough luck" for you when the servers are taken down. Just look at Sony's shitty move with GT5 and GT6...

What if TF 2 features "mandatory" micro transactions, or if some parts of the gameplay is unbalanced. What if, what if?

An online ONLY game can never be considered as a safe backlog, because its replayability will always be reliant on the creators willingness to keep the servers up and running.

You said "if" quite a lot there. And there's always that possibility of a sequel not being as good but with a game like Titanfall the only thing they could possibly do is add more to it without changing its core/template. Not really sure what "mandatory" microtransactions are since you don't have to buy them in the first place. But Respawn's a smart studio, they don't have to listen to EA or MS because they own the game. But they will listen to the fans. Besides, who knows where gaming will be in 5 or 10 years. EVERYTHING could be connected to the internet.

ktay95 said:
jlmurph2 said:
ktay95 said:
Now it just needs some multiplayer content, gameplay may be good but the games lack of content and the way its all set up is terrible compared to the big FPS franchises.

Has more maps to start than Ghosts and Battlefield with way better gameplay. Updates will happen occasionally with gamemodes with map packs throughout the year. Also doesn't rely on a BS single player. So what lack of content are you referring to?

http://au.ign.com/wikis/titanfall/Game_Modes

http://au.ign.com/wikis/call-of-duty-ghosts/Game_Modes

I count 6 vs 17

Also iirc theres a lack of private games with custom rules, the biggest party you can have is like 6 instead of 12 so you cant play a match with friends only etc.

Hopefully it is updated because it seems like a lack of content imo for a full price game when you compare it to other games in the genre.

I said maps, not modes. Reading is fundamental. 

Around the Network

I think nobody who wanted to play this game cared about singeplayer. Campaings like in COD and BF were just nice distractions, many people not even touching it and going straight to multiplayer. No one would need a campaign for LOL either.

I think online only multiplayer games are a good thing. But it would be even better if you could play them offline on LAN parties.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Im fine with it because it is a great game. I guess Multiplayer fans should bitch over Persona not having multiplayer...........Right that doesnt make sense because the devs were making a singleplayer experience. In this case the devs were making a multiplayer experience. But we will bitch for days about it. Lets ignore popular games like Counterstrike, Unreal Tournament, Quake, Team Fortress 2, Call of Duty, and Battlefield which either are only multiplayer or give very little reason to want the singleplayer. But hey theyre not making a deal with MSFT so we wont hate on those. Meanwhile im the only one that matters so if a singleplayer games doesnt have multiplayer that is ok, because people who prefer multiplayer doesnt matter.

Campaign in Titanfall? Its more like a map with random setting like attrition, domination, etc. With a mostly ignored dialog in the upper right corner while your blowing shit up.

I would have rather it been like 5 peeps vs a bunch of badass AI. This is the cloud and its supposed to be so powerful, lets use it.

jlmurph2 said:
ktay95 said:
jlmurph2 said:
ktay95 said:
Now it just needs some multiplayer content, gameplay may be good but the games lack of content and the way its all set up is terrible compared to the big FPS franchises.

Has more maps to start than Ghosts and Battlefield with way better gameplay. Updates will happen occasionally with gamemodes with map packs throughout the year. Also doesn't rely on a BS single player. So what lack of content are you referring to?

http://au.ign.com/wikis/titanfall/Game_Modes

http://au.ign.com/wikis/call-of-duty-ghosts/Game_Modes

I count 6 vs 17

Also iirc theres a lack of private games with custom rules, the biggest party you can have is like 6 instead of 12 so you cant play a match with friends only etc.

Hopefully it is updated because it seems like a lack of content imo for a full price game when you compare it to other games in the genre.

I said maps, not modes. Reading is fundamental. 

Of course, because asking me what lack of content Im reffering to and then me providing the lack of content I was reffering to makes no sense right??

READING IS FUNDAMENTAL =P

but im not happy without single player!