By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Here's why I'm fine with Titanfall having no single player campaign.

Tagged games:

Why would anyone not be ok with it being online only? It's not the first game to be this way. The only thing I'm sad about in regards to this game is that it's a clear sign that this gen will be domination by online FPS just like last gen. I was hoping for some RPG/Dungeon Crawler greatness a la the PS2 generation.

Around the Network

Hmm, I have something like that. I have Half Life 2 and all of its hundreds of mods that people have made over the years. It is still the only FPS game that I play for the multiplayer. Although I play the stranger and more far out mods on it. Trouble in Terrorist Town is so addictive.

As far as the single player thing... If that's the case, on a system where you have to pay for multiplayer, that had better be a damn impressive multiplayer. Although I get the feeling they excluded it so that they could rush it onto the console.

Either way I don't have to care because I don't buy EA games.... Seeing how even the franchises they have that I love, they end up ruining *cough*Dungeon Keeper*cough*Sim City*cough*.

HipHopGodd said:
Why would anyone not be ok with it being online only? It's not the first game to be this way. The only thing I'm sad about in regards to this game is that it's a clear sign that this gen will be domination by online FPS just like last gen. I was hoping for some RPG/Dungeon Crawler greatness a la the PS2 generation.

Those won't even be coming to the PS4 this gen.  Too high risk...  Get ready for the most 1-dimensional games line-up in history....  games with even the slightest bit of risk are almost guaranteed to be relegated to the indie market.  

akuseru said:

Cool story bro...
Tell me how TitanFall plays 5/10/15 years down the road when the servers have been taken down, ok?

Not as good as the future Titanfall games that will be available to play ;)

ktay95 said:
Now it just needs some multiplayer content, gameplay may be good but the games lack of content and the way its all set up is terrible compared to the big FPS franchises.

Has more maps to start than Ghosts and Battlefield with way better gameplay. Updates will happen occasionally with gamemodes with map packs throughout the year. Also doesn't rely on a BS single player. So what lack of content are you referring to?

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
akuseru said:

Cool story bro...
Tell me how TitanFall plays 5/10/15 years down the road when the servers have been taken down, ok?

Not as good as the future Titanfall games that will be available to play ;)

And what if they're not?! What if TitanFall 2 has many faults or if YOU personally feel that they are taking the series in the wrong direction after the 2nd, 3rd or 4th installment? There is no guarantee that the IP will continue to get better in neither content nor quality, and if you are stuck with TF 2 and want to go back to TF 1 but cannot, then I guess it is "tough luck" for you when the servers are taken down. Just look at Sony's shitty move with GT5 and GT6...

What if TF 2 features "mandatory" micro transactions, or if some parts of the gameplay is unbalanced. What if, what if?

An online ONLY game can never be considered as a safe backlog, because its replayability will always be reliant on the creators willingness to keep the servers up and running.

A good story seems to be the hardest part of creating a game so I understand they skipped that and went with the easy parts to make money.

I've been playing a great MP shooter since late November, though many may not agree I can't get enough of it. Now that I've join a clan it's become even more fun :) I'll let you guess the game.

jlmurph2 said:
ktay95 said:
Now it just needs some multiplayer content, gameplay may be good but the games lack of content and the way its all set up is terrible compared to the big FPS franchises.

Has more maps to start than Ghosts and Battlefield with way better gameplay. Updates will happen occasionally with gamemodes with map packs throughout the year. Also doesn't rely on a BS single player. So what lack of content are you referring to?

http://au.ign.com/wikis/titanfall/Game_Modes

http://au.ign.com/wikis/call-of-duty-ghosts/Game_Modes

I count 6 vs 17

Also iirc theres a lack of private games with custom rules, the biggest party you can have is like 6 instead of 12 so you cant play a match with friends only etc.

Hopefully it is updated because it seems like a lack of content imo for a full price game when you compare it to other games in the genre.

All flaws mentioned: multiplayer only, old engine, low player count, low stage count, low resolution, problems with connecting to a server (like always when you play EA game at launch). You will pay $60 for a game, $60 for a DLC's and $60 for a MS online service. This is a 7.5/10 game.