By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My prediction; Xbox ONE will finish last this Gen.

jlmurph2 said:
JoeTheBro said:
BenVTrigger said:
JoeTheBro said:
BenVTrigger said:
Wii U will not outsell the Xbox One.

It has absolutely no chance.

In America.

ww however it could, as long as kart and smash give it a boost.

Nope. That ship has sailed.

I don't think you understand how chances work.

The Wii U had a whole year's chance and sold 4 million in that time.

To be fair, there were no games but platformers and niche games as well as no ads and the list goes on... 2014 has system selling games and has ads and the list goes on for that too

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

I don't think it will finish last, among the 3 home consoles, but what I don't understand is how people are saying it's "not doing bad" when last gen, the same people were saying anything under 100K a week is "doomed", but the XBone is selling barely above half that and is barely doing better than the WiiU (UK price cut and TF hype will generate a few sales in the short term, but it will level off)....and everyone is constantly saying how bad the WiiU is selling

I'm pretty sure the xbox one is going to beat the wiiu by a very large margin.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
jlmurph2 said:
JoeTheBro said:
BenVTrigger said:
JoeTheBro said:
BenVTrigger said:
Wii U will not outsell the Xbox One.

It has absolutely no chance.

In America.

ww however it could, as long as kart and smash give it a boost.

Nope. That ship has sailed.

I don't think you understand how chances work.

To be fair, there were no games but platformers and niche games as well as no ads and the list goes on... 2014 has system selling games and has ads and the list goes on for that too

That doesn't take away from the unpopularity. That 1st year is supposed to at least give people an idea of what the future looks like for the console. The Wii U is a Christmas present and that's about it. Not really the type of console you'll spend your tax return on.

jlmurph2 said:
jlmurph2 said:

That doesn't take away from the unpopularity. That 1st year is supposed to at least give people an idea of what the future looks like for the console. The Wii U is a Christmas present and that's about it. Not really the type of console you'll spend your tax return on.

Well, all I am saying is that there are clear mistakes that they made on 2013 that made the system very unpopular and to be fair, it does cost less than both the ps4 and xbox one so if money is an issue, they would choose the wiiU if they are on tight budget... Now, I am not saying it will sell zomfg but I am saying that it will see a lot better than what it did in 2013... There were no ads that it was a new console, there were no games like Mario Kart and Smash Bros (as well as many others), they didn't show up at e3 in terms of a proper press conference which distroyed any hype people had even more, the day 1 update was terrible and the console was very slow at launch and etc which they are fixing so I think with games like MK8 and SSB come out, it will sell a lot more than it did in 2013 just cause they aren't repeating the same mistakes (although they are making some other ones but those are minor)

And lets not forget that more than half of 2013, it costed $350 which was a terrible value

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Coincidence to see a silly thread like this at the same time that Titanfall is released? :)

MS will at worst end up in second place this gen, just like last gen and the one before that. Alot of things can happen still, this gen hasn't even started.

jlmurph2 said:
jlmurph2 said:

Well, all I am saying is that there are clear mistakes that they made on 2013 that made the system very unpopular and to be fair, it does cost less than both the ps4 and xbox one so if money is an issue, they would choose the wiiU if they are on tight budget... Now, I am not saying it will sell zomfg but I am saying that it will see a lot better than what it did in 2013... There were no ads that it was a new console, there were no games like Mario Kart and Smash Bros (as well as many others), they didn't show up at e3 in terms of a proper press conference which distroyed any hype people had even more, the day 1 update was terrible and the console was very slow at launch and etc which they are fixing so I think with games like MK8 and SSB come out, it will sell a lot more than it did in 2013 just cause they aren't repeating the same mistakes (although they are making some other ones but those are minor)

There's no 3rd party support.

jlmurph2 said:
jlmurph2 said:

There's no 3rd party support.

Obviously the wiiU is targetting people that like Nintendo games... and third party isn't exactly in Nintendo's hands unless they pay a shit ton of money

But the Xbox one will get a lot of multiplatform games that the WiiU won't get and that alone will make it ousell the WiiU at the end, also we know how mainstream love their shooters. I don't even know why I am taking this seriously.

I don't think so. Wii u might do better than now and end up with 30-40 millions, but One has still a bigger margin to drop the price, plus third-party support guaranteed.