By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall winner of 75+ awards...LOL

I've seen this advertisement a few times and it always makes me laugh. The game not only isn't out but until a few days ago had no reviews at all.

Yet here they are boasting about winning so many awards. What exactly are these worthwhile awards that they've won? The award for "This game is our most anticipated Xbox One game of the year (despite not that many games being announced)" or an award for "Best Trailer for an Xbox One game".

"Based upon the 3 minute trailer that we saw we're giving you this award for the best shooter to come out of E3 that showed only 3 or 4 shooters."

It's stupid.

The Last of Us, that's won awards. Game of the Year awards, Voice Acting, Best story, Best graphics, Best characters etc. Titanfall hasn't won anything worth squat.

Around the Network

Best looking FPS at E3, etc, etc.

So you don't know what were these awards based on yet you claim it's stupid? And how about you link that advertisement.

Its basically the same with every new IP that is considered to be big...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

its not like they didn't win those awards..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Are you saying that the awards aren't notable?

Titanfall is a very good MP game but yeah that's exactly what i was thinking 75+ awards = LOL. overhyping at it's best.

Jazz2K said:
So you don't know what were these awards based on yet you claim it's stupid? And how about you link that advertisement.

Its on the box art if i recall along with igns "believe the hype" quote

How many of those "Titanfall something Titanfall something LOL LOL" do we need?

Jazz2K said:

I had a quick look to see what some of them are and they're mostly fluff. Probably half these awards were won based on a few minutes worth of footage from nearly a year ago. No awards of any value but the games parading around asw if to say "Look how many awards we've won!".

On the boxart for that game it says how they've won over 60 awards. The ad's I see which are most likely updated say 75+ I can't link you to an ad that randomly appears on a website.