By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall winner of 75+ awards...LOL

Good and fun MP like previous CoD but overhyped due the exclusivity thing.

Around the Network

Calm down and don't be such a hater. If you don't like it, you don't like it. Don't attack/downplay it. And maybe it'll win some awards that are important to you later on this year.

Talal said:
Best Xbox One FPS game with mechs. :p

lol!

one of those 75+ might be "Best 2014 Game Called Titanfall" award

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

You can call it stupid but that doesn't change that it won 75 awards. I think it won as example the most awards at E3.

If you or I find these awards important or not isn't a reason for a company to act as if they didn't win them and if you would be them you would probably use these awards also for your commercials. Otherwise you wouldn't really understand much about marketing.

crissindahouse said:
You can call it stupid but that doesn't change that it won 75 awards. I think it won as example the most awards at E3.

If you or I find these awards important or not isn't a reason for a company to act as if they didn't win them and if you would be them you would probably use these awards also for your commercials. Otherwise you wouldn't really understand much about marketing.

sure marketing i can get, as long as it's reasonable and justifiable

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network
Spankey said:
crissindahouse said:

It is reasonable to use as example the E3 awards for your marketing. If you think these awards are useless you should maybe complain to those who give these awards and to a lot of gamers who talk about these awards after something like E3. If these awards are totally unimportant I wonder why there is always so much talking about them...I mean, if these awards are uselesd maybe people also on VGC should stop to open threads about them after E3, Gamescom and so on? Otherwise it looks to me as if they are important for some

Honestly, some of the awards are pretty funny, though.

IGN Australia Top 21 Games of E3 2013
IGN Italy Best Multiplayer Game Xbox One
Xbox 360 Achievements Best Shooter of the Show
Digital Trends Best Microsoft Exclusive

It's silly but everyone does it. No big deal except to the very gullible.

Umm isnt marketing supposed to hype things like that? Do you work for nintendo?

Let Titanfall pull a Last of Us. Stop crushing the game's dreams, you're just being mean.

crissindahouse said:
Spankey said:
crissindahouse said:

It is reasonable to use as example the E3 awards for your marketing. If you think these awards are useless you should maybe complain to those who give these awards and to a lot of gamers who talk about these awards after something like E3. If these awards are totally unimportant I wonder why there is always so much talking about them...I mean, if these awards are uselesd maybe people also on VGC should stop to open threads about them after E3, Gamescom and so on? Otherwise it looks to me as if they are important for some

sure I can get some of the awards such as most promising game/shooter/online etc, or best trailer or something but 75+ awards given last year to a game that just released today seems...i dunno...above and beyond?

like awarding an Oscar back in Feb to a movie that only comes out in 2015. just a bit odd imho.  

Proud Sony Rear Admiral