By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Getting a Vita- Hidden Gems Recommendations Please!!!

Hey Vita Fans,

I just pre-ordered the PS Vita Borderlands 2 bundle coming out April 30th :D. People are always saying Vita has great games so I like to hear some recommendations you might have for games I should play. I already have Hotline Miami because I bought it for PS3 and the Vita version came with it. Any and all games welcome as I have a pretty diverse taste in genres.

Around the Network

Persona 4 Golden
Killzone Mercenary
Little Big Planet Vita
Soul Sacrifice
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Tearaway
Gravity Rush
Super Star Dust Delta

Just to name a few...

My recommendations:
Racing: wipeout2048, Need for speed
Rpg: Persona 4 golden, Ys: celceta
Action adventure: Uncharted golden abyss, Gravity rush
Platform: Tearaway, Rayman origins/legends
Beat em up: Mortal kombat, SFXTEKKEN
Misc: Virtue's last reward, danganronpa trigger happy.
Fps: Killzone mercenary

Just posting what sprung to mind. Congrats on your purchase

In addition to what people have said already (particularly P4G, Gravity Rush and Tearaway), I suggest checking out Dangan Rompa. Seems like an excellent game from what I've played so far, and I've heard good things about it from others too.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Just got this the other day with the announcement of the sequel and I discover this is a gem Rocketbirds : hardboiled chicken
Its actually really fun and feels like playing a cartoon. I actually felt disappointed I didn't get it sooner .

Around the Network

If you're even remotely a fan of gundam seed, then gundam seed battle destiny should be worth the import. It starts out slow but becomes fast-paced as you unlock the higher end mobile suits. I admit that I have little experience in the other gundam games and I'm largely affected by nostalgia, but I simply loved the game.

One complaint I have is the camera going berserk when leaning close to walls. It's fine otherwise. Dangan ronpa, gravity rush and persona 4 golden gets the thumbs up from me as well.

My recommendation: Get the OLED Vita !

...and Guacamelee and Wipeout 2048 !

Uncharted and Soul Sacrifice are not that good. Get Toukiden if you are interested in a hunting game, Toukiden is pretty nice.

Edit: And Tearaway. Best game on the system (despite the annoying soundtrack) !

...and Gravity Rush is decent too. But don´t go in expecting something groundbreaking. The game is charming and the gravity gimmick is neat.

Edit 2: Steamworld dig is fantastic too.

And congrats for your wise decision :P

Gravity Rush (on PS+)
Persona 4 Golden
Tearaway
Uncharted Golden Abyss (on PS+)
Toukiden: The Age of Demons
Y's: Memories of Celceta
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
Killzone: Mercenary
Disgaea 3: Absent of Detention
Atelier Totori+ (PSN only)
Atelier Meruru + (PSN only)

golfgt170 said:
My recommendations:
Racing: wipeout2048, Need for speed
Rpg: Persona 4 golden, Ys: celceta
Action adventure: Uncharted golden abyss, Gravity rush
Platform: Tearaway, Rayman origins/legends
Beat em up: Mortal kombat, SFXTEKKEN
Misc: Virtue's last reward, danganronpa trigger happy.
Fps: Killzone mercenary

Just posting what sprung to mind. Congrats on your purchase

All of that, but i'd also add Soul Sacrifice, Thomas was alone (PSN), New Little Kings Story and Hotline Miami (PSN)