By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Getting a Vita- Hidden Gems Recommendations Please!!!

Do you like hunting games?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

my favourites are

Tearaway
Ys: Celceta
LBP
Persona4
Guacameele

other recomendations are: Gravity Rush, Soul Sacrifice, whipeout2048

i havent played DanganRonpa yet but heard great things about it.
KZ also seems to be pretty good.

FFX! :D

Dokuro is a very underrated game but I liked it! Disgaea 3 and 4 will definitely keep you for months!!

lifoogy.blogspot.com - whoinventedtelevision.blogspot.com

orniletter said:
WagnerPaiva said:
Lafiel said:

I can't really recommend that one. It is fun at first but the more people you get the more the framerate drops and the boss battles are extremely frustrating like that.

I don´t get this obsession you kids have with framerate, back in the day all we had were slowdowns. that was how it was and we liked!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbU4Cb4A4-o

I know that you weren´t serious, but stable 30 fps really isn´t too much to ask for in 2014.

...especially for a game with rather poor visuals like New Little Kings Story.

Sure sure, just a joke =D

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

orniletter said:

My recommendation: Get the OLED Vita !

...and Guacamelee and Wipeout 2048 !

Uncharted and Soul Sacrifice are not that good. Get Toukiden if you are interested in a hunting game, Toukiden is pretty nice.

Edit: And Tearaway. Best game on the system (despite the annoying soundtrack) !

...and Gravity Rush is decent too. But don´t go in expecting something groundbreaking. The game is charming and the gravity gimmick is neat.

Edit 2: Steamworld dig is fantastic too.

And congrats for your wise decision :P

Oh is this Vita a model without OLED screen??

Around the Network
outlawauron said:

Yeah I do actually now that you mention it.

Devil_Survivor said:
outlawauron said:

Yeah I do actually now that you mention it.

I would highly recommend Soul Sacrifice and Toukiden. Soul Sacrifice has some similarities with hunting games but is very different in a lot of ways. Toukiden is more similar to what you'd expect, but it does a lot very well. To add to the obvious recommendations in Uncharted, Wipeout, Gravity Rush, Persona 4, etc.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Smart AS
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz
Gun Slugs
SFxTekken
UMvs Capcom3
Sly Cooper
Total Recoil
Guacamelee
Nun Attack
Dokuro
WizOrb
Tales From Space Mutant Blob Attack

Better than the hidden gems, there are some invisible Vita gems. They're invisible because they don't exist.

Soo much no gaemz to recommend!

You've already heard all the main ones like Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Soul Sacrifice etc. So I'll put forward a few lesser known/thought of titles for you.

Lumines: Electronic Symphony (fantastic music puzzle game)
Mutant Blobs Attack (awesome 2D platformer from the guys who brought you Guacamelee!)
Strangers Wrath HD (was the best handheld FPS until KillZone came on the scene)
Flying Hamster HD (a fun, cheap 2D side scrolling shooter similar to Parodius from the 8/16 bit days)
WRC4 (if you don't have it on a home console, a great off road racer with fun handling and an enjoyable career)
Runner 2 (very fun rhythm game disguised as a platformer)
Floating Cloud God Saves the Pilgrims (it's a game about a Cloud God who floats and he saves pilgrims!!! okay, side scrolling shooter again but also fun and cheap)
OlliOlli (very addictive Skateboarding game where you have to chain combos together for the best score)
Jet Set Radio (a great handheld port of my favourite game of all time, playing this on a transatlantic flight blew my former 16 year old self's mind! it's the equivalent of playing Killzone 4 or Titanfall on a handheld console in full glory would be now)

There are many many more, I just wanted to pop a few more lesser discussed titles which also belong in the discussion along with Dukoru, New Little Kings Story and Thomas was Alone (which are also great choices!)

Welcome to the club! You're in for a world of fun.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.