Forums - Sony Discussion - Getting a Vita- Hidden Gems Recommendations Please!!!

nitekrawler1285 said:
orniletter said:
Devil_Survivor said:
orniletter said:

Oh is this Vita a model without OLED screen??


Yes, it is .

I haven´t seen the new model in person, but (going by impressions) the screen in the 2000 model isn´t that great.

I´d go with the "old" 1000 model, the screen  looks fantastic in colourful games like Tearaway.

The 2000 feels so much better in my hands though(My hands are admittedly huge and truckasaurus like).  They had PSV 2000's at the Metrico booth at SXSW this year.  Nicer buttons, easier to hit select and start.  Overall nicer ergonomics.  USB mini charging and improved battery life.  I"m looking forward to upgrading myself.  If only they just made it use SD cards Vita 2000 would be perfect.  

I didn't notice the screen difference at all though Metrico might not be the best example to illustrate it. I had to pull out my 1000 to make sure my intuitions were correct. The changes are slight but I'm actually with sony on the changes improving things overall this time. 

That does sound pretty good tbh.

Well, good to hear the other side of the story !



Around the Network
Devil_Survivor said:
ganoncrotch said:

The first thing you should get with a vita before looking at any other games is probably the 8gb mem stick with 10 vita games. its basically the same price as an 8gb mem stick but you get a few awesome games and a few .... meh time killers to fill it and start your vita collection.

Of the 10 games btw 3 of them are Vita games, 3 are psp games and the other 4 are just smaller psn titles.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/06/19/ps-vita-mega-pack-10-games-and-an-8gb-memory-card-for-39-99/

Edit - the games are all a download code that comes in the box btw, which adds all the licenses to your psn account so if you upgrade your mem stick at a later date or delete them and redownload um you can do it freely as many times as you want.

Can you get this other places besides Europe?

Far as i'm aware it's Euro only but i could be wrong, also you can get 16gb pack varients aswell!
Also forgot to mention Touch My Katamari, although it is the kind of game you're going to love or hate, not as good as Katamari Forever (ps3), but still very enjoyable imo.



khvivi said:
Devil_Survivor said:
ganoncrotch said:

The first thing you should get with a vita before looking at any other games is probably the 8gb mem stick with 10 vita games. its basically the same price as an 8gb mem stick but you get a few awesome games and a few .... meh time killers to fill it and start your vita collection.

Of the 10 games btw 3 of them are Vita games, 3 are psp games and the other 4 are just smaller psn titles.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/06/19/ps-vita-mega-pack-10-games-and-an-8gb-memory-card-for-39-99/

Edit - the games are all a download code that comes in the box btw, which adds all the licenses to your psn account so if you upgrade your mem stick at a later date or delete them and redownload um you can do it freely as many times as you want.

Can you get this other places besides Europe?

Far as i'm aware it's Euro only but i could be wrong, also you can get 16gb pack varients aswell!
Also forgot to mention Touch My Katamari, although it is the kind of game you're going to love or hate, not as good as Katamari Forever (ps3), but still very enjoyable imo.


Yeah it looks like it is EU only, there is a Disney variety of it too but from Ebay the only listings of it seem to come from the UK http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-PlayStation-Vita-Disney-Mega-Pack-and-8GB-Memory-Card-PS-Vita-NEW-/301050848872?pt=Video_Game_Memory_Cards&hash=item4618076668 I'd maybe ask at your local game store tho if they know of anything similar if they clerks are nice enough to talk to they might know of a similar deal. It's just a great way to get a decent memory card and a few games installed on your vita to get you started.

Finished Touch My Katamari btw.... wasn't a fan of how it never reached a full planet sized stage or going into space like the Xbox360 version of Katamari, still has the same insanity tho and I absolutely loved the Mo-Cap King of the universe in the intro, really nailed the atmosphere and mindset you need going into this kinda game :D

If watching this weirds you out, do not buy this game :D



Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

ganoncrotch said:
khvivi said:
Devil_Survivor said:
ganoncrotch said:

The first thing you should get with a vita before looking at any other games is probably the 8gb mem stick with 10 vita games. its basically the same price as an 8gb mem stick but you get a few awesome games and a few .... meh time killers to fill it and start your vita collection.

Of the 10 games btw 3 of them are Vita games, 3 are psp games and the other 4 are just smaller psn titles.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/06/19/ps-vita-mega-pack-10-games-and-an-8gb-memory-card-for-39-99/

Edit - the games are all a download code that comes in the box btw, which adds all the licenses to your psn account so if you upgrade your mem stick at a later date or delete them and redownload um you can do it freely as many times as you want.

Can you get this other places besides Europe?

Far as i'm aware it's Euro only but i could be wrong, also you can get 16gb pack varients aswell!
Also forgot to mention Touch My Katamari, although it is the kind of game you're going to love or hate, not as good as Katamari Forever (ps3), but still very enjoyable imo.


Yeah it looks like it is EU only, there is a Disney variety of it too but from Ebay the only listings of it seem to come from the UK http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-PlayStation-Vita-Disney-Mega-Pack-and-8GB-Memory-Card-PS-Vita-NEW-/301050848872?pt=Video_Game_Memory_Cards&hash=item4618076668 I'd maybe ask at your local game store tho if they know of anything similar if they clerks are nice enough to talk to they might know of a similar deal. It's just a great way to get a decent memory card and a few games installed on your vita to get you started.

Finished Touch My Katamari btw.... wasn't a fan of how it never reached a full planet sized stage or going into space like the Xbox360 version of Katamari, still has the same insanity tho and I absolutely loved the Mo-Cap King of the universe in the intro, really nailed the atmosphere and mindset you need going into this kinda game :D

If watching this weirds you out, do not buy this game :D


Thanks for searching around for me :). I will see what my local game stop has to offer. Cheers.

Edit: I just found on amazon.ca  http://www.amazon.ca/Sony-PlayStation-Vita-Memory-Playstation/dp/B00DWBRW6E/ref=pd_rhf_ee_p_t_1_3SW2

but, its out of stock :(.



 

Devil_Survivor said:


Thanks for searching around for me :). I will see what my local game stop has to offer. Cheers.

Edit: I just found on amazon.ca  http://www.amazon.ca/Sony-PlayStation-Vita-Memory-Playstation/dp/B00DWBRW6E/ref=pd_rhf_ee_p_t_1_3SW2

but, its out of stock :(.


No bothers at all, as much as I love collecting games I really like to see others getting the most bang for their buck when it comes to quality cheap gaming. The one thing I'd say to be careful of tho... is buying that pack online if you aren't sure its available in the great white north. While you might well be able to make an EU psn account on the Vita swapping psn accounts on the system is like pulling teeth and from my experience it tries to format the mem stick when you change over and back.

There are copies of Everybodies golf in my local game store new for 4euros... I'd almost mail you a copy lol. Such a lovely little game, if you see it cheap I'd say pick it up for toilet breaks but becareful to get it new because it's one of the many Sony made vita games with an online pass. If you are in any doubt btw of buying a 2nd hand vita game you can google "does X require an online pass" and you'll see a load of results for most games. I got pretty much all my vita games new but I heard people complaining that you can't get the platinum trophy from Resistance Vita if you don't get it new or buy an online pass (since 1 trophy needs you to play an online game)



Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Around the Network
ganoncrotch said:
Devil_Survivor said:
 


Thanks for searching around for me :). I will see what my local game stop has to offer. Cheers.

Edit: I just found on amazon.ca  http://www.amazon.ca/Sony-PlayStation-Vita-Memory-Playstation/dp/B00DWBRW6E/ref=pd_rhf_ee_p_t_1_3SW2

but, its out of stock :(.


No bothers at all, as much as I love collecting games I really like to see others getting the most bang for their buck when it comes to quality cheap gaming. The one thing I'd say to be careful of tho... is buying that pack online if you aren't sure its available in the great white north. While you might well be able to make an EU psn account on the Vita swapping psn accounts on the system is like pulling teeth and from my experience it tries to format the mem stick when you change over and back.

There are copies of Everybodies golf in my local game store new for 4euros... I'd almost mail you a copy lol. Such a lovely little game, if you see it cheap I'd say pick it up for toilet breaks but becareful to get it new because it's one of the many Sony made vita games with an online pass. If you are in any doubt btw of buying a 2nd hand vita game you can google "does X require an online pass" and you'll see a load of results for most games. I got pretty much all my vita games new but I heard people complaining that you can't get the platinum trophy from Resistance Vita if you don't get it new or buy an online pass (since 1 trophy needs you to play an online game)

I really like collecting games as well and I'm new pretty at it only being doing it the last year or so. I'm keeping my eyes open for that Mega Pack and see if I can get it. I will take your advice to heart when buying Vita games and search about the online pass before buying it used. I actual really like resistance games, but I heard that was game not very good.



 

WagnerPaiva said:
Lafiel said:

I can't really recommend that one. It is fun at first but the more people you get the more the framerate drops and the boss battles are extremely frustrating like that.


I don´t get this obsession you kids have with framerate, back in the day all we had were slowdowns. that was how it was and we liked!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbU4Cb4A4-o

 
 

Get new specs old man.



Devil_Survivor said:
 

I really like collecting games as well and I'm new pretty at it only being doing it the last year or so. I'm keeping my eyes open for that Mega Pack and see if I can get it. I will take your advice to heart when buying Vita games and search about the online pass before buying it used. I actual really like resistance games, but I heard that was game not very good.


I had never played a resistance game and I'm not a huge fan of Fps games but I found that resistance game in a store for 8euros and it's now the platinum trophie in my sig, It's a really pretty game and a few hours of shooting. I had also read that it reviewed pretty badly but I thought for that price I'd get a laugh from it being bad.... but then loved it.

 

Edit - It is one of the few games I've played with touch screen controls in place of conventional things like grenade throwing where the touch screen control actually adds something.



Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

ganoncrotch said:
Devil_Survivor said:
 

I really like collecting games as well and I'm new pretty at it only being doing it the last year or so. I'm keeping my eyes open for that Mega Pack and see if I can get it. I will take your advice to heart when buying Vita games and search about the online pass before buying it used. I actual really like resistance games, but I heard that was game not very good.


I had never played a resistance game and I'm not a huge fan of Fps games but I found that resistance game in a store for 8euros and it's now the platinum trophie in my sig, It's a really pretty game and a few hours of shooting. I had also read that it reviewed pretty badly but I thought for that price I'd get a laugh from it being bad.... but then loved it.

 

Edit - It is one of the few games I've played with touch screen controls in place of conventional things like grenade throwing where the touch screen control actually adds something.

Haha I see, well then I will give it a try if I see it  for cheap. I just finished the orginal resistance last night so I want to experience  the whole series.