By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Titanfall Review Thread: Metacritic 86

Figgycal said:
Only one point off my prediction of 86.

There are a lot of reviews holding the scores yet... I can see more 8/8.5s than 9s... so I think it will down to 86... my prediction will be off by one point.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Figgycal said:
Only one point off my prediction of 86.

There are a lot of reviews holding the scores yet... I can see more 8/8.5s than 9s... so I think it will down to 86... my prediction will be off by one point.

I forgot about the late reviews. I know Ryan McAffrey is reviewing it for IGN and he's been crazy about this game.

No, this is fake and full of lying. I must be dreaming, this has EA money all over it, I just know...

... Nah just kidding. Anyways, I find this quite surprising as I never thought Titanfall could even reach a 90 in Metacritic, though I'm expecting the score to stay the same or drop a little as I don't think this is the new Modern Warfare considering that I don't see anything revolutionary presented in this game like the impact Modern Warfare had done.

P.S. Still, be aware, EA or Microsoft could probably be paying reviewers to give Titanfall good score, though I am unsure of the latter.

Figgycal said:

I forgot about the late reviews. I know Ryan McAffrey is reviewing it for IGN and he's been crazy about this game.

So far the big ones are waiting the real world tests before the score (they want to test the servers with real users and not only few journalists)...

Edge
GiantBomb
Eurogamer
IGN
Game Informer

stuffmakesmelol said:

No, this is fake and full of lying. I must be dreaming, this has EA money all over it, I just know...

... Nah just kidding. Anyways, I find this quite surprising as I never though Titanfall could even reach a 90 in Metacritic, I'm expecting the score to stay the same or drop a little as I don't think this is the new Modern Warfare considering that I don't see anything revolutionary presented in this game like the impact Modern Warfare had done.

P.S. Still, be aware, EA or Microsoft could probably be paying reviewers to give Titanfall good score, though I am unsure of the latter.

How did Modern Warfare revolutionize the FPS genre?

Around the Network

^ and Kotaku

Goatseye said:
stuffmakesmelol said:

... Nah just kidding. Anyways, I find this quite surprising as I never though Titanfall could even reach a 90 in Metacritic, I'm expecting the score to stay the same or drop a little as I don't think this is the new Modern Warfare considering that I don't see anything revolutionary presented in this game like the impact Modern Warfare had done.

He mispelt Halo Combat Evolved. 

Goatseye said:
stuffmakesmelol said:

Killstreaks.

Modern day combat as opposed to the norm that was World War 2.

MW1 and 2  really changed the millitary shooter. <--- those devs are now making Titanfall so hooray.

foodfather said:

He mispelt Halo Combat Evolved. 

LOL and your sig.

This game proves a lot of things...

1 - not having a single player doesn't prevent this game from being great
2 - not being 1080p doesn't make it a bad game
3 - not being on Playstation doesn't prevent it from being great
4 - people aren't tired of sci-fi fps
5 - Titanfall a 792p/60-50fps is the highest rated next gen game (correct me if I'm wrong) which is kinda funny considering some people claim next gen starts at 1080p/60fps