By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Titanfall Review Thread: Metacritic 86

It's good but not mind blowing. Just as expected. I'll stick with Battlefield for my online shooting needs.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network

Great score for a multiplayer-only game! In comparison, MAG had a 76 on Metacritic and that game had such strong fanbase (maybe it didn't move millions, but still) that was present until the game's online demise. So this score is superb.

globalisateur said:

From the Arthur GIES Polygon 9/10 review:

"If there are complaints to be had, I'd point to performance. Titanfall sits at 60 frames per second most of the time, but when three or four Titans are on the screen at once, firing rockets and arc blasts, things take a dive. It's never not playable, but it is noticeable"

Taking a dive means the framerate drops to the 30s like he said in a tweet:

But not a word in his review about the screen tearing abundant in the game? I am abashed at that because many reviewers are disappointed about the screen tearing problem. More people will be disappointed when they see such quantity of screen tearing in a next gen game.

Remember when Gies scored COD on PS4 0.5 less because it had occasionnal framerate drops and it created (only for Gies of course ) an important gameplay problem on PS4? But here frequent 30s drops with abundant and awfull screen tearing (when it matters the most!) but it's 9/10 OK?

Bullshit.

I can see your point, especially when you see comments like these.

Giant Bomb - Jeff Gerstmann
“it can get downright nasty in specific situations. In one Last Titan Standing match--where every player spawns in a robot suit--several players crammed their mechs into a tight area and began duking it out, and the frame rate dived down to what must have been single digits per second. Even out in wider areas, the game feels a little hitchy from time to time, and there's noticeable tearing throughout. “

No good singleplayer? Kind of dissapointing after the awesome singleplayer from other FPS like BF4/COD

FlamingWeazel said:
selnor1983 said:
Wagram said:
selnor1983 said:
Such a shame that a single player game is not marked down for no multiplayer, yet multiplayer games are marked down for no single player.

Still glad that the multiplayer aspect is getting glowing statements even in the marked down reviews.

Titanfall is epic. Roll on 14th. I will lose my life to this game.

And finally all my friends who don't have an Xbox One yet will finally game with me this Friday. We all will have one then. Even my PS4 mates are getting it. We will have enough for 12 of us to play without anyone else.

Come on Friday dammit.

I don't agree with this statement. Titanfall is an online experience, which at the end of the day on consoles costs more than a single player experience. It can only be played online requiring a subscription (borerline MMO subscription fees here basically). Even though Titanfall is a fun experience, it's not earning that additional sub fee. It's not as if they're going to come out and hand you 10 additional maps and 30 new weapons like an MMO would.

You get what you pay for, and not everyone is satisfied with shelling out a larger price for arguably a lessened experience.

And not everyone is satisfied with shelling out £50 with a 20 hour singleplayer. I know Im not yet these games get 10's across the board. Ill poor over 1000 hours into Titanfall. Worth more than any SP game to everyone that buys it. And should be reviewed as is.

Regardless Ttianfall will have a huge following. MP fans can add points to any review marking it down for SP.

The beta was phenominal.

Im surprised a MP only game is metaing at 88 so far. And could rise.

Didn't you predict 95 + meta? if it is online only it should have more gamemodes, I noticed it in the beta as well, halo 2 had more game modes 10 yeasr ago. Not a lot of content for a MP only game. There are games with good SP that have beefier Mp modes.

I did your right.

But since then people have pointed out to me MP games always get marked down. As it shows they are right. But it seems to be outperforming the normal MP only scores, even World Of Warcraft. Considering the theme of MP meta scores, Im actually now surprised 88 +. Thats pretty awesome. Only 7 away from my first prediction.

Around the Network

this thread is much more boring than i expected it to be.

bananaking21 said:
this thread is much more boring than i expected it to be.

That's sad

What Will Be The Most Dissapointing Games of 2014?

Titanfall got 36 votes, 27%. Damn Xbox owners voting en masse to s*it on a game they found fun to play while in Beta.

Goatseye said:
What Will Be The Most Dissapointing Games of 2014?

Titanfall got 36 votes, 27%. Damn Xbox owners voting en masse to s*it on a game they found fun to play while in Beta.

dude just get over it.

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Welfare said:

Seems my prediction is doing good.

(From the Titanfall metacritic thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6130809)

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287