By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Titanfall Review Thread: Metacritic 86

FlamingWeazel said:
true_fan said:

Lol these reviews are gonna mess up the sleep for some ps4 fans. It seemed ps4 fans had more riding on these reviews than XB1 fans, we already played the game and enjoyed it. Looks like all the ps4 fans will be heading back to the resolution articles to contiue their mission to down Titanfall.

Why say this? A game with no SP, mid 80's reviews is going to make people lose sleep? NAughty dog must give you nightmares then

And Gran Turismo for PS4 must be putting him in a coma.

Around the Network

a game gets 87 on meta, and people think it's average, dafuq?

Me gusta queso 

psn id: rychussnik

It's doing about as well as most people on this site predicted.

Wagram said:
selnor1983 said:
Such a shame that a single player game is not marked down for no multiplayer, yet multiplayer games are marked down for no single player.

Still glad that the multiplayer aspect is getting glowing statements even in the marked down reviews.

Titanfall is epic. Roll on 14th. I will lose my life to this game.

And finally all my friends who don't have an Xbox One yet will finally game with me this Friday. We all will have one then. Even my PS4 mates are getting it. We will have enough for 12 of us to play without anyone else.

Come on Friday dammit.

I don't agree with this statement. Titanfall is an online experience, which at the end of the day on consoles costs more than a single player experience. It can only be played online requiring a subscription (borerline MMO subscription fees here basically). Even though Titanfall is a fun experience, it's not earning that additional sub fee. It's not as if they're going to come out and hand you 10 additional maps and 30 new weapons like an MMO would.

You get what you pay for, and not everyone is satisfied with shelling out a larger price for arguably a lessened experience.

And not everyone is satisfied with shelling out £50 with a 20 hour singleplayer. I know Im not yet these games get 10's across the board. Ill poor over 1000 hours into Titanfall. Worth more than any SP game to everyone that buys it. And should be reviewed as is.

Regardless Ttianfall will have a huge following. MP fans can add points to any review marking it down for SP.

The beta was phenominal.

Im surprised a MP only game is metaing at 88 so far. And could rise.

Dark_Feanor said:
And we have our first obscure site to launch a click bait.

"The Globe and Mail (Toronto)
Mar 10, 2014
An immensely enjoyable and exquisitely crafted shoot-em-up...Yet Titanfall is also a worrisome product that delivers only a fraction of what competing games – including Call of Duty – do, for the same price tag. That sets a worrying precedent where gamers are set to get less game for the same money. As the next generation of consoles takes root, this is both a commercial and an artistic concern."

The Globe and Mail may be obscure to you, but as a Canadian it is the furthest from obscure.  It is our country's #1 paper when it comes to National circulation.

Around the Network

70 isn't an unfair score at all.

selnor1983 said:
Such a shame that a single player game is not marked down for no multiplayer, yet multiplayer games are marked down for no single player.

Still glad that the multiplayer aspect is getting glowing statements even in the marked down reviews.

And finally all my friends who don't have an Xbox One yet will finally game with me this Friday. We all will have one then. Even my PS4 mates are getting it. We will have enough for 12 of us to play without anyone else.

Come on Friday dammit.

Actually, I have seen FPS games get marked down for not having multiplayer or having tacked on multiplayer.  The reality is that games are not judged in a vacuum.  At $60, it's going to be judged against other FPS games that have both a SP AND a MP.  In that regard, I think it's understandable that there are so few perfect scores.

Of course, that's also why review scores are meaningless without context.  I don't blame the people who make the scores, I blame the people who check review scores without reading the article.  One person might be disappointed in no SP while another might never even play a SP if it was included.  There can be no standard for that.  People need to get over scores as anything but a rough, non-standardized guide.

selnor1983 said:
Wagram said:
selnor1983 said:

Come on Friday dammit.

I don't agree with this statement. Titanfall is an online experience, which at the end of the day on consoles costs more than a single player experience. It can only be played online requiring a subscription (borerline MMO subscription fees here basically). Even though Titanfall is a fun experience, it's not earning that additional sub fee. It's not as if they're going to come out and hand you 10 additional maps and 30 new weapons like an MMO would.

You get what you pay for, and not everyone is satisfied with shelling out a larger price for arguably a lessened experience.

And not everyone is satisfied with shelling out £50 with a 20 hour singleplayer. I know Im not yet these games get 10's across the board. Ill poor over 1000 hours into Titanfall. Worth more than any SP game to everyone that buys it. And should be reviewed as is.

Regardless Ttianfall will have a huge following. MP fans can add points to any review marking it down for SP.

The beta was phenominal.

Im surprised a MP only game is metaing at 88 so far. And could rise.

Didn't you predict 95 + meta? if it is online only it should have more gamemodes, I noticed it in the beta as well, halo 2 had more game modes 10 yeasr ago. Not a lot of content for a MP only game. There are games with good SP that have beefier Mp modes.

"An immensely enjoyable and exquisitely crafted shoot-em-up"
GTFO, is this Ikaruga or what?

Great scores! I am pretty sure this game will give the Xbox One a sustained boost. The next Call of Duty is here.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"