By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dark Souls 2 is almost here.Predict scores...

Score on Metacritc

60-65 6 3.26%

65-70 1 0.54%

70-75 3 1.63%

75-80 10 5.43%

80-85 39 21.20%

85-90 86 46.74%

90-95 39 21.20%

Total:184
crissindahouse said:
FlamingWeazel said:
crissindahouse said:

Too much recycling of enemies and environments so that I say 85

?? The souls series has the most varied environments of any rpg period, every area is unique so are the enemies... Seriously have you played any?

Sure played Demon's Souls + Dark Souls probably 200 hours. Doesn't change that Dark Souls 2 has many enemies and environmets which look similar to Dark Souls 1. I even heard that one boss fight is almost 100% the same. 

Edit: Played Dark Souls on PC alone 82 Hours

http://steamcommunity.com/id/crissindahouse/games/?tab=all&sort=playtime

You played ds 2? Because 1 ands 2 every environment was unique, and ds 2 looks the same.

Around the Network
FlamingWeazel said:
crissindahouse said:
FlamingWeazel said:
crissindahouse said:

?? The souls series has the most varied environments of any rpg period, every area is unique so are the enemies... Seriously have you played any?

Sure played Demon's Souls + Dark Souls probably 200 hours. Doesn't change that Dark Souls 2 has many enemies and environmets which look similar to Dark Souls 1. I even heard that one boss fight is almost 100% the same. 

You played ds 2? Because 1 ands 2 every environment was unique, and ds 2 looks the same.

No but I read a review in a German magazine and saw the review video and they showed some of the recycling. 

And I said 85 with the other games at 89 so that I didn't really mean that the game will be much worse because of that. Not to forget that it's only parts of the game and not the whole game...

crissindahouse said:
FlamingWeazel said:
crissindahouse said:
FlamingWeazel said:
crissindahouse said:

No but I read a review in a German magazine and saw the review video and they showed some of the recycling. 

And I said 85 with the other games at 89 so that I didn't really mean that the game will be much worse becaus eof that. Not to forget that it's only parts of the game and not the whole game...

Yeah sorry don't buy it, cannot tell anything froma  quick video of screen shot.

Embargo ends in 5 hours so we will just wait and see

I think it's going to get a 78...

based on nothing and (Dark Soul's is my favorite game this gen, and I could very well see myself liking this the best even if it scores what I think it might)

I just think there's going to be a change or two, that's going to be criticized, it definetely looks dated at this point in time.
(Not that it matters that much, my favorite games this gen other than Dark Soul's (Deus Ex, and Fallout NV) aren't technical masterpieces).

A lot of games have been scored harsher lately imo, and that will continue here.

Around the Network

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Guessing 85-90.

As someone who has only played Dark Souls, I kinda wish they had continued on the Souls series by using a different D word, or even something completely different. Dark Souls 2 feels a mite derivative coming off of Demon Souls, and I expect that "this is kinda derivative" feel might be in the back of some reviewer's minds.

Yes, titles are that important.

85, the visual downgrade is going to bite 'em hard.

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz

92 on metacritic thus far. Will the series staple 89 come true once more?

This month is a pain for me!!! Dark souls 2, InFamous, South park, MGSV. So many good games releasing in such a short amount of time.