By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What difficulty do you usually play your games on?

What's the difficulty of your choice?

Pussy-mode 14 8.48%

very easy 1 0.61%

easy 11 6.67%

normal 77 46.67%

hard 40 24.24%

extremely hard 20 12.12%

Total:163

Usually start games on hard, i like to be challenged a little.
If a game seems too easy i get bored and wont be likely to finish it. Seems hard is a sweet spot for me with most games.

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Around the Network

Pussy mode? That should be a reward for beating extremely hard!

Slimebeast said:
Welfare said:
When the game allows me, Hardest difficulty. Will only play on lower settings for a second playthrough.

lol why would u wanna replay a game on a lower difficulty?

I really only replay a campaign to look at certain vistas (Halo) or to quickly go through the story to keep it fresh in my mind (some JRPG's, Fallout). Can't do these on Legendary now can I :P

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Normal mode. If it's too easy, then hard mode.

Nintentacle said:
Slimebeast said:
Nintentacle said:
First easy, then medium, then hard, then whatever is above. I don't like the jump right into the hardest mode before I have enough experience.

Wait a minute, weren't you supposed to leave VGC?

Can't tell if serious or not.

I thought I read that on your wall the other day. "sorry people, I have to leave the site, I'm taking a new step in my life". Am I confused?

Around the Network

If possible hard and very hard on a second playthrough if I do a second one. I prefer to die more and be little bit angry about that as to die almost never and get bored because of no real challenge which is almost always the case in games on normal.

I remember when I played Far Cry Instincts on medium and even easy to get the achievements for that (yeah you had to play it on every single difficulty). On easy I didn't even have to shoot to play through the game. It was pretty much running through the enemies. Not sure how that can make fun.

The hardest. Although sometimes is bad because you want to replay and the second try feels too easy. Especially if you want to plat some game that requires to beat all difficulties

First play-through is always on the hardest difficulty possible, in Thief I turned off everything but perma-death. On the second play-through I play either normal or the easiest difficulty to either collect trophies if the game is made well (I like to do it as a way of congratulating the developer on making a decent game) or just to have a lot of fun.

Slimebeast said:
Nintentacle said:
Slimebeast said:
Nintentacle said:
First easy, then medium, then hard, then whatever is above. I don't like the jump right into the hardest mode before I have enough experience.

Wait a minute, weren't you supposed to leave VGC?

Can't tell if serious or not.

I thought I read that on your wall the other day. "sorry people, I have to leave the site, I'm taking a new step in my life". Am I confused?

I wrote on my wall that I was leaving, but it said this:

Goodbye, VGChartz. The users here have been great, but I must leave you all. I will request a perma-ban soon. My favorite user was.... was... was... a magnificent user named "I'm not leaving for a while!"

Welfare said:
Slimebeast said:
Welfare said:
When the game allows me, Hardest difficulty. Will only play on lower settings for a second playthrough.

lol why would u wanna replay a game on a lower difficulty?

I really only replay a campaign to look at certain vistas (Halo) or to quickly go through the story to keep it fresh in my mind (some JRPG's, Fallout). Can't do these on Legendary now can I :P

I can understand that. Experience vistas and story to really remember a great game, that makes sense.

On the other hand, I think I prefer to forget vistas and story from great games, so I have a decent chance to replay and relive a great experience sometime  in the future.