By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - If you have questions about Russia - come here! (Poll added!)

Di you like Russia?

Yes, I love it! 218 35.68%

No, I hate it. 144 23.57%

Russia is strange... 130 21.28%

Don't know yet, curious ... 67 10.97%

Don't know and don't care. 45 7.36%

Total:604
Putin said:
But still, if you don't see/know it, it doesn't bother you ;)

To be honest, if you're not religious, as long as it's not your ass/vagina being assaulted as long as you're not gay/lesbian, I don't see what the problem is... somebody's else's bed, somebody else's rules.

I don't want to derail the thread, but wanted to share my opinion anyway.

Around the Network
Putin said:
But still, if you don't see/know it, it doesn't bother you ;)

Why does it bother you?

When did I said that it bothers me?
Usually it doesn't bother you until your family member say he/she is gay))

Xen said:

Well, I wouldn't exactly call you an idiot on the Ukraine topic, but yes, he is very concrete and explains everything from 0. The best thing is that he does so in an interesting way. There is quite a bit of exaggartion on his part in some things, though. For example, the Polish thing - while there are a LOT of Polish foreign workers in Europe, its industry is not exactly in shambles...

edit: While I haven't heard of any Soviet war monument desecration in Ukraine, there is a photo used in the report - that's actually from Bulgaria, I remember reading a news piece on that. The parts about Lenin and Kutuzov are, however, correct.

It is unfortunately. Industry crash is a fact in my country. There is a reason why so many my countrymen move to West. 

Moreover, next years will be hard for us, especially with pollution reducing forced by EU. Reduce pollution in country with biggest carbon resources is such a suicide. What did this USA lady said ? Fuck the EU ? :D

KingofTrolls said:
Xen said:

Well, I wouldn't exactly call you an idiot on the Ukraine topic, but yes, he is very concrete and explains everything from 0. The best thing is that he does so in an interesting way. There is quite a bit of exaggartion on his part in some things, though. For example, the Polish thing - while there are a LOT of Polish foreign workers in Europe, its industry is not exactly in shambles...

edit: While I haven't heard of any Soviet war monument desecration in Ukraine, there is a photo used in the report - that's actually from Bulgaria, I remember reading a news piece on that. The parts about Lenin and Kutuzov are, however, correct.

It is unfortunately. Industry crash is a fact in my country. There is a reason why so many my countrymen move to West.

Moreover, next years will be hard for us, especially with pollution reducing forced by EU.

Well - I only speak from what I experience myself in this case... and what I do see is a huge amount of the food sold here (cheeses, sweets, cookies and such) is Polish-made. I mean, enormous ratios. I start guessing "Poland or not" Even in Finland and Estonia, I managed to see rice from Poland, and throat pills from Poland. All that is much more than for example Russia can boast, sadly (at least here or in Finland, haven't been to Estonia long enough to see the ratios).

The Polish demographic numbers also seem a lot more healthy than most of eastern and even some of central Europe.

Around the Network
Xen said:

Well - I only speak from what I experience myself in this case... and what I do see is a huge amount of the food sold here (cheeses, sweets, cookies and such) is Polish-made. I mean, enormous ratios. I start guessing "Poland or not" Even in Finland and Estonia, I managed to see rice from Poland, and throat pills from Poland. All that is much more than for example Russia can boast, sadly.

The Polish demographic numbers also seem a lot more healthy than most of eastern and even some of central Europe.

Food processing ( dunno it is good word, i mean food - related industry ) is strong here, but it is strong since 1600-1700. As ,, industry " i think more like cars, planes, chemical industry, mining etc and these are mostly possed by foreign companies or are in really big troubles. 

Second - Polish food is mostly cheap, thats why its sold well abroad. Why it is cheap ? yep :P

Demographic are actually gettin worse and worse year over year. Just like in all West countries, but we dont have a immigrantion here. Almost no social, low salaries etc. At least our coutry was not flood by muslims.

Humor note:

Nintendo 2018

English is not my native language.

So, I had an interesting discussion with a friend a few days ago and I concluded that Europe is too small and not cut off to Asia to be an actual continent and it's actually Asia so that entire land mass should be Asia, would the Russians here agree with that? I'm just asking cause you guys are in Asia and Europe but more on the Asia side lol. I'm starting to think Europe is nothing but the tiny area's ego at this point and makes no sense on a geological sense.

dahuman said:

So, I had an interesting discussion with a friend a few days ago and I concluded that Europe is too small and not cut off to Asia to be an actual continent and it's actually Asia so that entire land mass should be Asia, would the Russians here agree with that? I'm just asking cause you guys are in Asia and Europe but more on the Asia side lol. I'm starting to think Europe is nothing but the tiny area's ego at this point and makes no sense on a geological sense.

Geography ? It is one continet Eurasia. And Im not Rus.

It is different - politicis, economy, cultural and religion.

KingofTrolls said:
dahuman said:

Geography ? It is one continet Eurasia. And Im not Rus.

It is different - politicis, economy, cultural and religion.

I'm just talking about landmass, it's not we are dissecting North America and South America based on politics, economy, and religion, and most of those Eurasia countries allow practice of any religion even going far past the East in China. You have to remember that these were mapped out even before we mapped the whole world and none of this shit has been updated even though we already updated on what's considered a planet or not in our solar system already. The old system no longer makes any logical sense.