By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is the Titanfall review embargo a bad sign?

Who cares about reviews... Who needs a review... We've all already played the game and made our decision based on that, no review can beat hands on... Even if it scored below 70 we all already know if we will buy or not...

Around the Network
endimion said:
Who cares about reviews... Who needs a review... We've all already played the game and made our decision based on that, no review can beat hands on... Even if it scored below 70 we all already know if we will buy or not...

Because not everybody has played the game (like me for example) and a good score could draw interest and maybe push a lot of people to get the x1 earlier than they were planning.  Also, if it scored a 70, I would probably never buy it.  I only have so much time for gaming, and generally only bother with games that are 80+ meta.

endimion said:

Hit the nail on the head.  Played the beta and will be downloading it as soon as it is available.  Feedback so far has been excellent.  I don't need a review to confirm what I already know about the game.  Only people here trying to spread FUD don't have an XBox One - the usual suspects.

Except that pre-release reviews for online only games are almost worthless.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

kitler53 said:

seems like their afraid to let any info get out too soon. i mean, we have a leak of 15 maps but we still don't have confirmation of what's included on the retail disc. are all 15 on the disc or are some of those part of the 3 "content" packs in the season pass?

15Maps on disc 5 modes.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Except that pre-release reviews for online only games are almost worthless.

Why?

embargos are retarded. I hate them.

Guys the reason its being released so late is because the reviewers forgot they had to write something they were to busy having to much fun

It's a worrying sign. Which sucks, because somewhere in my little black shooter-adverse heart, I want this new IP with Mechs and an unconventional design to end up doing well. Especially since I might get it for the PC eventually.

Love and tolerate.

Is this another attempt to downplay TOG?
People already played Beta, the question in the the head of people interested in the game is:
HOW THE EFF CAN I GET THE CUSTOMIZED CONSOLE.

Not reviews... 2 million people played the beeta and got hyped even more.