By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is the Titanfall review embargo a bad sign?

edit: wow, so the embargo doesnt lift until the games launch.  Generally speaking that is usually a bad sign.  Good games with good reviews like to have the reviews out early to push interest in getting the game.  So I am changing the nature of this thread.  Who thinks reviews are going to be dissapointing now with this information?  I'm revising my guess to 79-83 range for the meta score.

Around the Network

seems like their afraid to let any info get out too soon. i mean, we have a leak of 15 maps but we still don't have confirmation of what's included on the retail disc. are all 15 on the disc or are some of those part of the 3 "content" packs in the season pass?

One day before! That means outlook is good. A day after is when reviews are expected to be mixed.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Online only game. Can't review it until servers are up surely? And yes, being MP only should hurt it's review but it won't because this is the second coming and all that.

Hmm, pie.

I like how they say monday at 9pm PST. rather than Tuesday the 11th at 12am EST.

The embargo lifts right as the game launches in NA.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Around the Network

Embargo lifting right as the game is available... I dont think that is a very good sign at all...

The Fury said:

Online only game. Can't review it until servers are up surely? And yes, being MP only should hurt it's review but it won't because this is the second coming and all that.

Games with any kind of multiplayer usually activate a server for reviwers a few weeks before release so they can try out and review that aspect of the game.

I think people are expecting too much. I think 7/10. Anything higher then that is a really solid score

Not a good sign at all. Usually reviews appear a couple of days before the release so people can decide. But when you're scared of something you have reviewers sign such NDA's it appears.

The Fury said:

Yes, I feel that reviews might selectively ignore their new found desire to wait to test real servers....

It's kind of confusing, because for an online game, we shouldn't have a review until a week or 2 after to see if it really work properly. But in order to buy the game, you'd want some kind of preview and all we have to go on is the 2 levels

But yeah, embargos a day before launch are only really good for bad games if you ask me