By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resolutiongate's next victim: Infamous SS? (VERY prelimary)

Lets not jump to any conclusions NOTHING IS CONFIRMED BUT on B3D

These odd pics were posted from an infamous video. The poster asked for analysis of the artifacts. Response from pixel counter/image guru Alstrong came back:

Dunno. Seems very suspicious and familiar. *cough* Wonder if it has to do with those derp'd screenshots that look 1920x540. *cough*

It'd be best just to wait for non-shit captures to analyze.

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1832233&postcount=3868 

I think Alstrong is hinting possibly at a similar interlaced solution to Killzone Shadowfall multiplayer. The artifacting does look a bit similar possibly to that shown on Shadowfall.

But remember only preliminary. For now treat Infamous as 1080P, we have no concrete information otherwise. The game comes out the 21st, so not too long to wait.

I do a little pixel counting, very rough, from the IGN video I think I could confirm the game is at least 1920 horizontal. I could not find any jagged edges to count the vertical res (which if it really is 540, would be the key one). At least for now and I got tired LOL. May try again later. As well, if it really is a interlaced solution, I really probably would need decent captures to tell the difference.

Around the Network

It seems both consoles are pretty weak compared to pc counterparts but for its worth ($399/$499) they are damn powerful. Sony / microsoft have boareded a wrong bandwagon (resolution). There was a time when resolution in console gaming was pretty much irrelevant.

here comes reso gate

daredevil.shark said:

It seems both consoles are pretty weak compared to pc counterparts but for its worth ($399/$499) they are damn powerful. Sony / microsoft have boareded a wrong bandwagon (resolution). There was a time resolution in console gaming was pretty much irrelevant.

i would also agree with that, for the price you are getting a great all in one gaming box, a friend said to me hes not all that blown away by the ps4 and that i could get a HD7950 that would beat this, then i asked the question how much is a 7950 and of course microsoft and sony could have used any card they liked but then comes in cost, for a ps4 or xbone that used a 7950 there would easily be a £100 hike in price

so for the money you pay you wont find better imo

but the resolutions will get better, its only start of gen

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Resolution only matters when we can compare it to an Xbone version, so we can crush their dreams. This is a non-issue....

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

That is the last straw! I'm gonna buy a more powerful console!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

poor XB1. Not even running 540witjh this game

pbroy said:
Resolution only matters when we can compare it to an Xbone version, so we can crush their dreams. This is a non-issue....

Exactly. Xbox exclusives only come under scrunity also. PS4 can do no wrong!!  

Edit: It's probably bullshit though... The lack of comments on the thread though is a little interesting. Guess not many people are on.

^This looks very unreliable. People could tell Killzone Shadowfall was blurry, but we didn't know why because the devs told us it was full HD. Now we know that they were lying. In this case, we've seen the game running. It definitely looks like 1080p and isn't blurry like Killzone's multiplayer was.

I doubt it. Let's not forget the reason KZ did that was so that the MP ran at an higher framerate. Infamous runs at 30fps, like KZ's SP which does run at native 1080p 30fps, just like ("supposedly) Infamous SS.
The only way i can see that being true is if it happens on in-game cutscenes..they do have higher detail so maybe they needed to lower res to keep them from looking like a slideshow?