By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resolutiongate's next victim: Infamous SS? (VERY prelimary)

Seriously, these artifacts are video compression related... And you don't count pixels on soft/blurry objects.

Around the Network

so what are those pics supposed to be?

What am I looking at?

DamnTastic said:
so what are those pics supposed to be?

The same thing that the crave online article about Thief supposedly running at higher framerate on the Xbone was - bullshit.

Ohh and dear Xbox fans who now wonder why so little posts, everyone is at the weekly sales threads, I don't see you there though

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Skeeuk said:
daredevil.shark said:

It seems both consoles are pretty weak compared to pc counterparts but for its worth ($399/$499) they are damn powerful. Sony / microsoft have boareded a wrong bandwagon (resolution). There was a time resolution in console gaming was pretty much irrelevant.

i would also agree with that, for the price you are getting a great all in one gaming box, a friend said to me hes not all that blown away by the ps4 and that i could get a HD7950 that would beat this, then i asked the question how much is a 7950 and of course microsoft and sony could have used any card they liked but then comes in cost, for a ps4 or xbone that used a 7950 there would easily be a £100 hike in price

so for the money you pay you wont find better imo

but the resolutions will get better, its only start of gen

Nope!   PS4 and XBone do not use the same core GPU, PS4 has a better GPU, by a significant margin :

PS4 vs. Xbox One: GPUs compared

Again, by virtue of being an AMD APU, the Xbox One and PS4 GPUs are technologically very similar — with the simple difference that the PS4 GPU is larger. In PC terms, the Xbox One has a GPU that’s similar to the (entry-level) Bonaire GPU in the Radeon HD 7790, while the PS4 is outfitted with the (mid-range) Pitcairn that can be found in the HD 7870. In numerical terms, the Xbox One GPU has 12 compute units (768 shader processors), while the PS4 has 18 CUs (1152 shaders). The Xbox One is slightly ahead on GPU clock speed (853MHz vs. 800MHz for the PS4).

In short, the PS4′s GPU is — on paper — 50% more powerful than the Xbox One. The Xbox One’s slightly higher GPU clock speed might ameliorate some of the difference, but really, the PS4′s 50% higher CU count is a serious advantage for the Sony camp. Furthermore, Microsoft says that 10% of the Xbox One’s GPU is reserved for Kinect. Games on the PS4 will have a lot more available graphics power on tap.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are just in the beginning, give Developers some more time : Uncharted4 will crash the best looking PC game when it will be released, in terms of geometry, effects, animations, all in all.   PS4 hardware is powerful enough to produce mindblowing games at 1080p;   PS4 and XOne were just released less than 4 months ago.  All this resolution talking is getting silly right now...

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network

Surprise lol

Lol seriously have you seen the game running ? It looks amazing, This photo whatever it is is not from the game.

poor xbox owners so desperate for the ps4 to be on the level of their console of choice. I'm sorry gentlemen, infamous runs at 1080p native but keep counting those pixels if you must lol.

Once you are done with this thread please do stick your head through the sales thread :)

"Resolution gate" is only in comparisons with xbone

Porcupeth said:
I doubt it. Let's not forget the reason KZ did that was so that the MP ran at an higher framerate. Infamous runs at 30fps, like KZ's SP which does run at native 1080p 30fps, just like ("supposedly) Infamous SS.
The only way i can see that being true is if it happens on in-game cutscenes..they do have higher detail so maybe they needed to lower res to keep them from looking like a slideshow?

Probably not. For cutscenes they would use a God of War 3/Uncharted 3 approach with cutscenes made with the game engine but with better assets too look better without framerate issues. And it still gives the bonus that the game can load in background during cutscenes like that.