By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How much time do you spend gaming?

Tagged games:

How much time do you spend gaming per week?

5-10 hours I am a casual peasant 31 25.62%

10-20 hours I am quite the avid gamer! 56 46.28%

20-30 hours I am hardcore enough... 16 13.22%

30-40 hours I am a hardcore gamer! 15 12.40%

Total:118

2-3 hours a day, some nights it's movie time. 10 to 18 probably in a week.
Probably will go up once Dark souls 2 is out.

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
Michael-5 said:

4-5 hours at work (my job involves lots of mindless waiting)
5-10 at home

10-15 total? Not that much, I waste too much time on VGC and nonsense websites. Plus people, they like to interact with me.

However if a good game comes out and gets me hooked, I easily play 30 hours a week or so. I did that for XenoBlade, did that when I got my 3DS and Fire Emblem/Pokemon, and I'll probably do it again when the next Mass Effect/Uncharted/X release.

I want that job of yours!

Everyone does.

Ah finally. I've been working at this limo type company for 9 years now, I know when I started I played a lot of GBA SP, and the last few years I've played a lot of DS/PSP (and very recently the 3DS). I couldn't remember what I did during my spare time at work the 4-5 years in the middle, and now I remember..... University. Pretty much erased those years from my mind

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
Anfebious said:

Everyone does.

Ah finally. I've been working at this limo type company for 9 years now, I know when I started I played a lot of GBA SP, and the last few years I've played a lot of DS/PSP (and very recently the 3DS). I couldn't remember what I did during my spare time at work the 4-5 years in the middle, and now I remember..... University. Pretty much erased those years from my mind

A limo company? Damn, now I really want your job! You even had free time to go to university... that's hardcore! Although it seems you rather not remember your university years... did you hate those years?

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
Michael-5 said:
Anfebious said:

Everyone does.

A limo company? Damn, now I really want your job! You even had free time to go to university... that's hardcore! Although it seems you rather not remember your university years... did you hate those years?

This job paid for my university (much cheaper in Canada then USA). Was probably the reason it took me 5 years to graduate, but without it I'd be poor as hell.

I got my degree in Astrophysics....it took a lot of work, didn't really do anything but work. So there isn't much to remember. Plus now I'm going to become a high school teacher (too much work to be a prof an use my degree properly), so it was a bit of a waste. I wish I went to more of a party school.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

DanneSandin said:
It really depends. Some weeks I game 0 hrs, and others I can game 50+ hrs... But let's average it out at... 5-10hrs

Pretty much this.

This week, all I played was one-and-a-half hours of Age of Mythology with a friend which I did today actually. Last week nothing at all but back in december it was over 50 hours some of the weeks because of Wind Waker HD, A Link Between Worlds and Super Mario 3D World.

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
Anfebious said:

This job paid for my university (much cheaper in Canada then USA). Was probably the reason it took me 5 years to graduate, but without it I'd be poor as hell.

I got my degree in Astrophysics....it took a lot of work, didn't really do anything but work. So there isn't much to remember. Plus now I'm going to become a high school teacher (too much work to be a prof an use my degree properly), so it was a bit of a waste. I wish I went to more of a party school.

Well at least you landed on an awesome job and that's what matters! But, you want to add more work? I know it's always good but it's good to relax and go on pussy hunts!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
Michael-5 said:
Anfebious said:

Well at least you landed on an awesome job and that's what matters! But, you want to add more work? I know it's always good but it's good to relax and go on pussy hunts!

Had a gf all throughout University, so I didn't need to hunt.

I needed to work, I moved out from my parents and they didn't help me with school (not then). It was either work every weekend, or amass a massive debt. Still now, while I'm.....in school again, but not blowing my brain from science, I have enough time to play my 3DS or read a book. It's a nice job to hold until I get a full time position.

Only problem (and you'll laugh) is that I'm beating all my handheld games, but not my console ones. So glad I got PS1 to work on my PSP to start working on my home console backlog.

Plus having an apartment is a huge + when you have a gf.......

5-10

Normally, around 4 - 5 hours a week.

It goes from 10 to 20 hours a week, depends on the amount of other activities that I get.