By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kojima Wants MGS5 on PC XD

Jdevil3 said:
Yes Kojima, do it! I'll probably double dip on this (PS4 and PC).
This way I won't need to keep my PS4 forever after this generation ends in order to be able to still play this game if I ever feel like it again :P.
I just hope they do a good porting job and accept bigger resolutions than 1920x1080 so that I'm not stuck at that res when I get a better monitor or 4k/8k Tv in a very distant future xD.

Don't worry any PC game can be played at any resolution.  Half Life 2 can be played on triple 4K!

Around the Network
Captain_Tom said:
Jdevil3 said:
This way I won't need to keep my PS4 forever after this generation ends in order to be able to still play this game if I ever feel like it again :P.
I just hope they do a good porting job and accept bigger resolutions than 1920x1080 so that I'm not stuck at that res when I get a better monitor or 4k/8k Tv in a very distant future xD.

Don't worry any PC game can be played at any resolution.  Half Life 2 can be played on triple 4K!

Depends on the game. Dark Souls needs the "DSFix" made by a NeoGAF user (Durante) to be able to play at bigger resolutions than the console version, the same goes for Deadly Premonition and Durante fixed that one too. Metal Gear Rising was also released with 1920x1080 as the max resolution it can output, Durante fixed it but he never released the fix because he apparently (I don't really know the reason) doesn't want to keep fixing "bad" Japanese ports and wants the companies to fix their own games. I don't know if Rising was ever patched to support bigger resolutions but last time I played it on PC I didn't get any patches to fix that... (And I don't remember but I think it also doesn't accept refresh rates higher than 60FPS, I'm not sure on this one)

TL;DR, Japanese companies tend to do weird things to their PC ports and screw up resolution and framerates.

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

YES!!!

Please be on PC. I don't want to be forced to buy a next gen console yet.

SirGalahad said:

No.

Metal Gear Solid IV: Guns of the patriots is not on PC, even the Xbox 360 and Xbox One version makes no sense at all.

Why? Metal Gear has been on every platform from PC, Nintendo, Xbox and Playstation. I can't see why a new MGS shouldn't be on PC.

PC gamers would be euphoric.

Around the Network

What he really means is that he wants it on IMAX.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I'm not really a PC gamer, I spend way to much time on my PC at work and on here that I can't stomach gaming on the thing. So I wouldn't care if it went to PC or not but Id rather they focus there resources on what they already have.

I want it on PC too :D

If not I'll just go for the XB1 version, so no big deal.

Jdevil3 said:
Captain_Tom said:
Jdevil3 said:

Depends on the game. Dark Souls needs the "DSFix" made by a NeoGAF user (Durante) to be able to play at bigger resolutions than the console version, the same goes for Deadly Premonition and Durante fixed that one too. Metal Gear Rising was also released with 1920x1080 as the max resolution it can output, Durante fixed it but he never released the fix because he apparently (I don't really know the reason) doesn't want to keep fixing "bad" Japanese ports and wants the companies to fix their own games. I don't know if Rising was ever patched to support bigger resolutions but last time I played it on PC I didn't get any patches to fix that... (And I don't remember but I think it also doesn't accept refresh rates higher than 60FPS, I'm not sure on this one)

TL;DR, Japanese companies tend to do weird things to their PC ports and screw up resolution and framerates.

Those are outliers.  I understand that DS was one of them, but they freely admitted that it was a rushed straight port done for practice (And the fans).  I am sure the next will be fine, and if it isn't I'm sure the fix will be easy.

Either way I just canceled my PS3 preorder after deciding to wait.  There are too many amazing games coming out in March and I would rather get Dark Souls II when I can ignore all else! lol

Captain_Tom said:

Those are outliers.  I understand that DS was one of them, but they freely admitted that it was a rushed straight port done for practice (And the fans).  I am sure the next will be fine, and if it isn't I'm sure the fix will be easy.

Either way I just canceled my PS3 preorder after deciding to wait.  There are too many amazing games coming out in March and I would rather get Dark Souls II when I can ignore all else! lol

Yeah, the next one shouldn't have any problems. As for MGSV, let's hope it's a good port from the get go and we don't need any "fixes" (if they actually release it... which they should because Rising aparently sold well on PC).

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P