By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - PvZ: Garden Warfare is amazing

JayWood2010 said:
kitler53 said:
bananaking21 said:

a mouth watering $40 which makes the game just the right price to pick up as a day-1 purchase.  honestly, all games should launch at $40.

@Jay - it's not dark and gritty with an emphisis on photorealism.   it'll get knocked for that even if the reviewers don't specifiy it directly.  there is a lot of bias in the review system.  best you can do is read the content and see exactly what they complain about.  typically it's pretty easy to spot low scores due to "not being what i wanted" as oppose to low scores due to being bad.

Youre prob right but as for the graphics it looks REALLY good even if it isnt gritty.  Prob one of the first games i feel really is next gen looking.  Frost bite 3 looks good with this artstyle surprisingly. I dont know, i think reviewers have become a little nitpicky as of late imo.  Im fine if they are being more harsh but its going to take a while for people to adjust to 70's being good rather than people usually focusing on 80s and 90s games if that is what is happening.  The only reason it upsets me is because games that would have otherwise done great gets hurt a little bit by these scores.  Im just hoping word of mouth comes through like it did with Killer Instinct.

I assume youre going to pick it up when it releases for PS4? If you do, hope you enjoy it :D

as if right now i expect to.  the wrench in that plan is i'm expecting in may.  we'll see how much gaming time i have then and what other games lure me atm.  but as of right now i think this is the best looking (all around not just graphics) game on next gen hardware.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
osed125 said:

It looks ok, might give it shot when/if it releases of Steam and buy it for $5

The first PvZ was awesome, but the second one sucks really bad..EA f*ck up again.

Why would it be on steam if its an EA game

Well all EA games except Mass Effect 3 and Dead Space 3 are on Steam (that I can remember at least). And this is a "small" game so if they do plan to release on PC I don't see why having it as an Origin exclusive will really make a difference. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:
jlmurph2 said:
osed125 said:

It looks ok, might give it shot when/if it releases of Steam and buy it for $5

The first PvZ was awesome, but the second one sucks really bad..EA f*ck up again.

Why would it be on steam if its an EA game

Well all EA games except Mass Effect 3 and Dead Space 3 are on Steam (that I can remember at least). And this is a "small" game so if they do plan to release on PC I don't see why having it as an Origin exclusive will really make a difference. 

I just dont remember any EA game being on Steam, like Battlefield or any of the sports games. Must have overlooked something. 

This one of the few games I'm jealous of not getting on PS4. I hope it comes out eventually.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

jlmurph2 said:
osed125 said:

I just dont remember any EA game being on Steam, like Battlefield or any of the sports games. Must have overlooked something. 

I think Battlefield 4 and 3 are Origin exclusive, but the rest are on Steam. Mass Effect 1 and 2, Dead Space 1 and 2, Crysis 1 and 2, Mirror's Edge and Medal of Honor are on Steam. 

...Seems like the games Steam is missing are the ones that have a "3" in the tittle...Gabe Newell is really afraid of the number 3.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
padib said:
jlmurph2 said:

There are a few

Looks like EA is just giving Steam scraps. Im guessing that any new game wont be on it until 2016 at the earliest. 

I have to agree with you thats it's great.

It's out already? Wow...

This is a joke right? 

I paid $40 at Target and got a $10 free giftcard if I bought a bag of Cheetos with it.

It is near the end of the end....