By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - PvZ: Garden Warfare is amazing

Downloaded it on Xbone this morning and have been playing for 4 hours or so straight. The first thing that jumps out at you is the style. It's like Peggle in a sense that underneath the solid gameplay there is a unique art and design of the game that really adds another layer of quality. I always assumed PvZ was some cheap shovelware stuff from PC but it's blatantly obvious tons of time and care went into making this.

I haven't tried Garden Ops, only tried a lot of TDM and some mode kind of like Rush in Battlefield. It's really cool how each plant or zombie has their own abilities and roles and they all mesh together. And the ability to earn coins to buy packs of cards to unlock more stuff is pretty genuis. I don't see any microtransactions, which is a good thing, I am addicted to the game and might have been swayed to buy some.

I feel kind of bad for the game releasing a couple weeks before mother fucking Titanfall, but this seems like it could be a nice change of pace not so serious type game. If anyone has it and wants to play add my GT: Cpt RonCodpiece

Around the Network

i've watched a ton of gameplay on youtube, it looks osm definitely gonna pick it up when it hits pc. I think we need more games like garden warfare, games that don't try to be too serious.

Me gusta queso 

psn id: rychussnik

Omg the zombies are coming!

I love it as well. Very team oriented game that involves a lot of skill to win. Art style is superb and id rank this as my 2nd fav online TPS behind Gears of War now. Already put 20+ hour into it.

good to hear. PvZ looks waaay more my style than titanfall or really just about any online shooter. i love the humor about this instead of the gritty military shooter vibe just about everyone else on the market is doing. when it comes out for ps4 i'll probably pick it up. hopefully i can convince a few of my friends to join me.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
good to hear. PvZ looks waaay more my style than titanfall or really just about any online shooter. i love the humor about this instead of the gritty military shooter vibe just about everyone else on the market is doing. when it comes out for ps4 i'll probably pick it up. hopefully i can convince a few of my friends to join me.

I thought that it was exclusive to XB1, but maybe I am wrong.  Maybe just timed?

Either way, I am not much into shooters, but this game is hilarious.  I have only played it for a few hours.  I like being the plants.  I like to go around and swallow all of the zombies.  Also, the flying around and shooting people from the flying pod device is too funny.  It seems people can't figure out where the shots are coming from.

It is near the end of the end....

Level 34 here, it really makes me want to 100% before Titanfall comes out. But there's spooky much that you can earn from playing like extra characters and weapons. Its worth way more than $40. Popcap makes yet another gem.

It is a lot of fun. It is my Daughters new favorite game.

im surprised EA has decided to release this so close to titanfall. they should have released it in the summer when there would be fewer games coming out. it seems fun, but not sure its worth 60 bucks.

bananaking21 said:
im surprised EA has decided to release this so close to titanfall. they should have released it in the summer when there would be fewer games coming out. it seems fun, but not sure its worth 60 bucks.

Its not $60.  Honestly, im not upset with EA, but rather upset with the critics for not scoring it higher.  IM not sure if critics are more harsh this gen or not yet, but i do know that it is one of the best online tps games ive played