By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 surpasses 6 million units sold (March 2nd)

bananaking21 said:
Solid-Stark said:

Sold through to customers or shipped? Either one, I think we can agree that actual sales are real close to the shipped number.

MGSV:GZ will maybe give a decent boost in Japan soon; and maybe Driveclub can boost in Europe.

sold to consumers

Then PS4 will surely ship 7m ending the quarter.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network
Landguy said:
Wow, that was FAST!

If you were to set the clock back one year and I told you this info, It's really hard to believe.

NOBODY, not anyone at Sony either, thought that they would be at 6.5 million+ by then end of march 2014.

Hell, If most people would have said they would be at 4 million+ by the end of March 2014, everyone would have said what a great launch and great start.

Just goes to show, if you get the peoples minds enamored with a shiny thing, they buy it regardless. Neither the PS4 or XB1 have many games to offer yet. Still, people are buying them (myself included).

I am just amazed that between both the PS4 and XB1, they will be close to selling 11 million units by the end of March 2014. That IS AMAZING!

one year ago? you would be called a delusional fanboy for such prediction.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Nintentacle said:
Good job Sony. People's 8 million by end of fiscal year won't come true though.

Who predicted that?

Nintentacle said:
Good job Sony. People's 8 million by end of fiscal year won't come true though.

True, considering it ends at the end of this month, but 6 mil is still well above Sony's own predictions for this fiscal year.

So, roughly 6.6 to 7 million when their end of fiscal year comes up. Nicely ahead of projections.

Around the Network

no time to gloat. must get to the celebration.

It's ok PS4, you might not be winning in Japan, but you're winning in our hearts
better luck next time
/single_tear
/sarcasm

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank