By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 surpasses 6 million units sold (March 2nd)

Wow, that was FAST!

If you were to set the clock back one year and I told you this info, It's really hard to believe.

NOBODY, not anyone at Sony either, thought that they would be at 6.5 million+ by then end of march 2014.

Hell, If most people would have said they would be at 4 million+ by the end of March 2014, everyone would have said what a great launch and great start.

Just goes to show, if you get the peoples minds enamored with a shiny thing, they buy it regardless. Neither the PS4 or XB1 have many games to offer yet. Still, people are buying them (myself included).

I am just amazed that between both the PS4 and XB1, they will be close to selling 11 million units by the end of March 2014. That IS AMAZING!

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network
loy310 said:

needed paragraphs..

edit: nvm.  you fixed your post.

kitler53 said:
loy310 said:

needed paragraphs..

edit: nvm.  you fixed your post.

Yeah, stuck on my iphone at the moment, but I made corrections.

someone should make an official thread using the link I provide.

being that I am on a phone I won't even make an attempt to do so.

DerNebel said:
Zero999 said:
Jumpinbeans said:
Definitely supply constrained for 2nd week. Will probably see similar numbers for the next few weeks in Japan too

No supply problem and lower numbers in japan for the next weeks.

Based on? Btw what is this then?

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03/01/ps4-sold-out-almost-everywhere-again-in-japan-retailer-advises-to-grab-it-when-you-find-one/

what is this? Zero's worst nightmare!!! 

Wow, they passed there own prediction.

Around the Network

1.8m sold in 9 weeks is an average of exactly 200k per week. I guess we should be seeing 200k per week from the PS4 soon unless there's production issues or demand drops off.

This is a bit off topic, but it looks like Sony is selling another building now:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-57619712-92/sony-looks-to-shed-former-tokyo-headquarters-report/

Oh sorry, that looks like news from last year. But it's still inching toward becoming "official" I guess.

AZWification said:
daredevil.shark said:
Copied from a neogaf user.

Sony : " Deja Vu"

MS: "Damn, not again!"

Nintendo: "oh well..."

SEGA: " Glad I'm not in this anymore!"

Atari: " Nobody cares about me anymore... :( "

I loved the original posts and it made me lol big time. But that Atari response is pure gold!! That had me rollin!! =D 

There's a little Vita sitting on the counter of a Gamestop shop , Vita's been sitting down there waiting for years hoping for a price drop , but they never see Vita when they shop.
Vita gets pushed around knocked to the ground , gets put back up and screams what about me it isn't fair I've had enough I want my share , can't you see I wanna live but PS4 takes more than it gives What about meee!

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot