By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One: where are the indies?

Tagged games:

Where are the indies?

Indeed, where are they? 37 72.55%

Just shut up. 14 27.45%

Total:51
vivster said:
The X1 doesn't need indies. It has so many fun AAA games that it doesn't need to pathetically stuff its library with unfun indies.

It shouldn't be like this either. It seems like your not allowed to have a grey area here. It must be black and white.

My opinion is that indie games are indie games. They shouldn't be used to prop up some console war and be made to look like something hey are not. Now people put a lot of hard work, time and money into creating these games and some should be bought and played. But lets stop acting like most of these games are not bad. Because they are.

Around the Network
MB1025 said:
vivster said:
The X1 doesn't need indies. It has so many fun AAA games that it doesn't need to pathetically stuff its library with unfun indies.

It shouldn't be like this either. It seems like your not allowed to have a grey area here. It must be black and white.

My opinion is that indie games are indie games. They shouldn't be used to prop up some console war and be made to look like something hey are not. Now people put a lot of hard work, time and money into creating these games and some should be bought and played. But lets stop acting like most of these games are not bad. Because they are.

Well so far The consoles have a way better quality control than steam concerning indies so all of them out on consoles are pretty fun. Niche but fun. We can only hope that they don't devolve into what steam has become but until they do I say more games = more choice = more good.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Where are the indies? They can be contacted at 1-800-4My-Xbox.....but they don't like being called that.

MB1025 said:

Yeah and there was 100 crap indie movies before it and will be after it. The moral of the story is that movie was the exception not the rule.

How many indie games are on the PS4?

How many are only being talked about and played? (And I mean played. Not tried for 5 minutes and put down)

No one is downplaying indie games. The problem is last gen they were just indie games. Now all of a sudden they are much more because they became a talking point for one company and then turned into a talking point for a console war. Even after that nothing has changed. There is a reason they are given away for free. There is a reason why very few become hits. Because the reality is most of them are not very good.

Blue Jasmine, Moon Rise Kingdom, the way way back, fruitvale station, I could go on and on but I think by now you realize you were talking out of ignorance

Fusioncode said:
Microsoft didn't start paying attention to indies until it was too late. They might get more support eventually but they still have that ridiculous parity clause that forces indies to launch games on all consoles at the same time. I doubt they'll have the same level of indie support as PS4 this gen.

Most of the indie games we're seeing on PS4 are ports.

MS apparently has many indie developers working on games for their platform, so lets wait and see what happens.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Fusioncode said:
Microsoft didn't start paying attention to indies until it was too late. They might get more support eventually but they still have that ridiculous parity clause that forces indies to launch games on all consoles at the same time. I doubt they'll have the same level of indie support as PS4 this gen.

MS apparently has many indie developers working on games for their platform, so lets wait and see what happens.

Yes, but 3 of them are free, Outlast, Rezogun and Contrast, so far the Xbox fans are really getting the short end of the stick in this new generation.

That sucks because the console is nice and the controler is AMAZING, I just wish MS could get their shit together a little faster, evn in their youtube channel all they talk about is freaking Titanfall, fuck Titanfall, I am sick and tired of FPS multiplayer already, we have played hundreds of hours of this last gen.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Mr Puggsly said:
Fusioncode said:

Like I said, Microsoft still has that launch parity clause which forces games to come out at the same time on both platforms. As long as they have that clause they won't see the same support as PS4. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

WagnerPaiva said:

Yes, but 3 of them are free, Outlast, Rezogun and Contrast, so far the Xbox fans are really getting the short end of the stick in this new generation.

That sucks because the console is nice and the controler is AMAZING, I just wish MS could get their shit together a little faster, evn in their youtube channel all they talk about is freaking Titanfall, fuck Titanfall, I am sick and tired of FPS multiplayer already, we have played hundreds of hours of this last gen.

The gen just started. The first few months or even first year is not a reflection of what the entire generation will be.

I'm personally having or had fun with games like KI, Halo:SA, Lococyle, Crimson Dragon, and Strider. Its not like all my X1 time is spent with FPS games. Although, I'm one of those people very interested in Titanfall.

I got a bunch of indie games on my 360, PS3, and Steam backlog as is. So if indie developers are still busy working on their X1 games, no problem. I got plenty to play already.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
WagnerPaiva said:

The gen just started. The first few months or even first year is not a reflection of what the entire generation will be.

I'm personally having or had fun with games like KI, Halo:SA, Lococyle, Crimson Dragon, and Strider. Its not like all my X1 time is spent with FPS games. Although, I'm one of those people very interested in Titanfall.

I got a bunch of indie games on my 360, PS3, and Steam backlog as is. So if indie developers are still busy working on their X1 games, no problem. I got plenty to play already.

Yes, it just started, I give you that, and it is not like it is a shitty console or something, it is actually a very stylish machine, with cool features and a lovely controler, I mean, the controler is superb, the best ever.
I finished Dead Rising 3 and Assassins Creed 4 and they were both amazing, now I am having gag reflexes trying to finish Battlefield 4 (what a pain...), still got Forza 5 to go and (lol) Zumba Fitness. That aside, South Park is coming in the end of march here in Brazil, so it will be my last retail PS3 game.

I will not buy Titanfall until it is 30 dollars or less, so, probably 2 years from now.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Why would you buy an Xbox One if you are not into online shooters?! I would love to play Dead Rising 3 but not enough to buy a $500 console. Ryse is too short. I'm glad you're enjoying Xbox Fitness though.

The good stuff like Quantum Break seems far away, but maybe we'll hear more at E3.