By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - [Staff] The Monthly Ban Report - February 2014

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
So... Who hasn't gotten banned yet I wonder? Or am I alone?

Also, poor Nintentacle, Didn't even see it coming (or maybe he did and went ahead anyway)

I haven't been banned yet either.  I have been warned 3 times, though.  Each and every time was pretty much for similar reasons.  It was for the word I used (idiot and troll, those two words.)

edit: To be honest, I actually have used a worse word on here but never got caught for it.  I have always wondered what would happen if a mod caught it now.  Would I get warned/banned for it or will it slide since it was forever ago?

Around the Network

toastboy is given far to much leeway.

I got carried away and got 5 days.

Most of those users are always banned every month. There really needs to be a limit on the number of moderations a user can receive before getting a permaban.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Also, poor Nintentacle, Didn't even see it coming (or maybe he did and went ahead anyway)

I've never been banned. I've been modded once on my old account, but twas long ago.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
wick said:
I am still scratching my head at the 5 day ban I received.

I tried PMing the mod but his explanation made no sense to me whatsoever.

I didn't think personal opinions and "interpretations" were so often used in enforcing moderation's.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6038421

Moderation - Ban
from Mr Khan, to wick on 05 February 2014
(Delete Message)
You are receiving this message for violation of forum rules regarding Trolling (Attacking the Microsoft base.) [Post Reference] Please review the forum rules here to avoid future moderation action. Banned: 5 days
from wick on 10 February 2014
I'm sorry. Where did I "attack the Microsoft fan base"?
from Mr Khan on 10 February 2014
"doesn't require a lot of cerebral activity" so naturally "Xbox fanboys are all over it"
from wick on 10 February 2014
That's not at all what I said actually.

"Doesn't require a lot of cerebral activity" is why the game will be popular, just like most of the popular games. COD, GTA, Fifa. None of these games require a lot of thinking.

"It's not on any Sony systems, so the Xbox fanboy's hype it up as the second coming of christ."

I think everyone would agree on that point. Just like Second Son is hyped by Sony fans and Zelda is by Nintendo fans.

I still fail to see where I typed: "doesn't require a lot of cerebral activity" so naturally "Xbox fanboys are all over it".

A 5 day ban for your misinterpretation is quite frankly a joke and is one of the reasons so many users are leaving the site.

Most of your comments are directed against MS. Moreover, your post deserved a ban. 

People leave this site because they get tired of annoying posts by fanboys. Very few people leave because of what they claim to be "unfair bans". 

Fusioncode said:
Poor Weazel, he's spent more time banned than actually posting on this site.

At least he gets a belly rub ;) 

lucidium said:
dahuman said:
lol so many banned multiple times within the same month, wtf people?

but its FUN to be banned!

I hear they have a secret banned party where they have treats, play Kinect dancing games in costumes with their faces cover, and might even have ice cream. 

I know that last one sounds so far fetched it has to be a joke.

Here is supposed to be a secret leaked photo.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

I imagine most users havent been banner

Zappykins said:
lucidium said:
dahuman said:
lol so many banned multiple times within the same month, wtf people?

but its FUN to be banned!

I hear they have a secret banned party where they have treats, play Kinect dancing games in costumes with their faces cover, and might even have ice cream. 

I know that last one sounds so far fetched it has to be a joke.

Here is supposed to be a secret leaked photo.

But think of all the games that can be played while banned, instead or arguing over them?