By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pre Order Charts, 1st March 2014 Titanfall crushing everything, Infamous doing great.

why is everyone saying destiny doesn't have a release date yet? its coming out on sept 9

Me gusta queso 

psn id: rychussnik

Around the Network
binary solo said:
Whew, after seeing last week's lack of lift in pre-orders for inFamous I was worried it would be a rather ignored game. It's looking like Sony made a good move putting inFamous out before any of its more famous non-FPS 7th gen franchises.

Dark Souls II is pre-ordering well, good to see. The Order is also doing well. Driveclub not very good pre-orders with only 5 weeks to go.

has driveclub's release date been announced?

Me gusta queso 

psn id: rychussnik

Rychussnik said:
why is everyone saying destiny doesn't have a release date yet? its coming out on sept 9

The charts say N/A weeks to release =P Yeah the chart is good at being incorrect on dates and preorders =P
And no, Driveclub does not have a date

Rychussnik said:
binary solo said:
Whew, after seeing last week's lack of lift in pre-orders for inFamous I was worried it would be a rather ignored game. It's looking like Sony made a good move putting inFamous out before any of its more famous non-FPS 7th gen franchises.

Dark Souls II is pre-ordering well, good to see. The Order is also doing well. Driveclub not very good pre-orders with only 5 weeks to go.

What? So the 5 weeks to go on the pre-order chart is wrong? Lol, and meanwhile Destiny launch date is known but it's still N/A on the chart.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
Rychussnik said:
binary solo said:

What? So the 5 weeks to go on the pre-order chart is wrong? Lol, and meanwhile Destiny launch date is known but it's still N/A on the chart.

Considering that you'll be able to play it for free and upgrade to the full version for a discounted price if you like it, every pre-order Driveclub gets is one too many in my book.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
kowenicki said:
Titanfall will be easily over 500k pre-orders on ONE.

Not much between the two Destiny lists is there.

Incidentally Destiny is ALREADY being advertised in the UK PS4 ads.

Destiny is gonna be huuuuuuuuuuuuge. Cant wait 

Have you seen the TV ads?  Coming September!?!?  Weird.

Very little worthwhile coming between inFamous and Destiny. Aside from maybe Watch Dogs, depending on how it turns out.

Got to advertise something new, cause Killzone ads aint gonna cut it.

Azerth said:
Is anyone else surprised by how poor the ps3 version of destiny is doing

Titanfall X360 sku with 3 weeks to go - 79, 782

Destiny PS3 sku with over 6 months to go - 45,000

Not surprised at all. This is what happens when a new gen begins. People move on.

Carl2291 said:
kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
kowenicki said:
Titanfall will be easily over 500k pre-orders on ONE.

Not much between the two Destiny lists is there.

Incidentally Destiny is ALREADY being advertised in the UK PS4 ads.

Destiny is gonna be huuuuuuuuuuuuge. Cant wait 

Have you seen the TV ads?  Coming September!?!?  Weird.

Very little worthwhile coming between inFamous and Destiny. Aside from maybe Watch Dogs, depending on how it turns out.

Got to advertise something new, cause Killzone ads aint gonna cut it.

Driveclub will come in that time as well, but yeah after easter it will be the official summer droubt all round till September. So if theyve got exclusive advertising on the biggest game out in the run up to next holiday season, they will dominate again. 

I hope those Infamous numbers are true because are awesome compared to previous entries. And Destiny will be the next Modern Warfare!

Titanfall is rocking the pre-orders right now and between what I've heard of the leaked information of the final game and what I played of the beta it's certainly deserved. It may or may not write a new book for the genre but it did feel like a breath of fresh air when I played it. That's what happens when the only worthwhile competitive multiplayer FPS titles have been the same franchises for a decade or so and then someone comes along with a well-tuned product.

Infamous: Second Son doing so well is exciting. It's such an underrated franchise and it really deserves more recognition. Being the first retail exclusive since the console launched definitely helps. I just hope that Sucker Punch didn't get caught up in the excitement of new hardware and focused on creating a great experience. Though with their track record I don't think there is much room for doubt that the game will at least be good. It is important to note that Infamous has been available for digital pre-order on the PlayStation Network for quite some time now. At least over a month.

Not really surprised to be looking around the internet and seeing more buzz for a Metal Gear Solid title on a PlayStation platform considering the long history the franchise has with Sony. I expected it just as much as I expect Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III to get the same treatment.

At this point I really don't think it can be doubted that Destiny is going to be ridiculously huge. Over 200,000 pre-orders on both current consoles with the PS4 approaching 250,000 and with more than 6 months until release. Once the beta hits and information starts coming from it I can imagine the numbers swelling and then again with about a month before launch. I can easily see this game doing Grand Theft Auto pre-order numbers considering where it's already at.