By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pre Order Charts, 1st March 2014 Titanfall crushing everything, Infamous doing great.

Azerth said:
Is anyone else surprised by how poor the ps3 version of destiny is doing

Not at all. The game is being pushed for the next gen consoles and these are USA pre-order numbers. The 360 has sold almost 17 million more consoles here compared to the PS4. Not to mention the 360 has an image as an FPS console whereas the PS3 does not.

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:
DerNebel said:

Infamous SS and Infamous 2 comparison:

inFAMOUS: Second Son (PS4)
Sony Computer Entertainment, Action
3 30,421 250,911
inFAMOUS 2 (PS3)
3 11,835 86,267

I realy don´t understand why Infamous 2 sold so poorly.

+ It appears that the indie games haven´t compensated PS4 users for the release window drought.

If there would have been more high quality Indie titles these last few months they probably would have. As far as new games go, only Resogun has stood out. Flower and Sound Shapes are great games but they're also older titles and not the kind that get people to line up. Also, it's not just the quality but quantity. There actually haven't been that many Indie games that have released since the PS4 launched and you'll typically have to go through a ton of them to find the good ones. It takes a lot of them to make up for lacking big budget titles. There just haven't been enough released to cover it. However, March is going to be a loaded month for PS4 users. There are 11 games, possibly more, coming out for the platform within the next 30 days in which most are Indie games and between how April is shaping up and with hints being tossed out by Sony and other devs we're probably going to see a lot more games releasing for the PS4 on a more consistent basis from here on out.

celador said:
Titanfall gonna be comfortably over 400k, Infamous should top 300k, great numbers to see so early on.

Was hoping for a bit more from South Park, fingers crossed for good WW sales next week.

South park has jumped up on Amazon US but could be because of Censor in Europe, I also hope this game does well. I will be playing it tomorrow. Going to be dope.

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=sv_vg_11

My god, people don't seem to realize that Destiny got an early boost from being advertised as a Q2 game with a beta in Q1 if you preorder. The release date was delayed to September 9th.

I'll be looking forward to the Beta for Destiny.

Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:
Azerth said:

Titanfall X360 sku with 3 weeks to go - 79, 782

Destiny PS3 sku with over 6 months to go - 45,000

Not surprised at all. This is what happens when a new gen begins. People move on.

I wasnt trying to  say it shoukd be top 5 or anything but when you compare the ps3 verison to the 360 verison.  The 360 verison has about double the orders  i just found it odd since its bein advertise as a sony game

Azerth said:

I'm more surprised by the Stick of truth and dark souls 2 where there close to even or ahead on PS3 over 360, in a country where 360 sales are what 17+ million ahead of PS3

Azerth said:
Blood_Tears said:
Azerth said:

Titanfall X360 sku with 3 weeks to go - 79, 782

Destiny PS3 sku with over 6 months to go - 45,000

Not surprised at all. This is what happens when a new gen begins. People move on.

I wasnt trying to  say it shoukd be top 5 or anything but when you compare the ps3 verison to the 360 verison.  The 360 verison has about double the orders  i just found it odd since its bein advertise as a sony game

True, it is advertised more so as a Sony game but more so as a PS4 game imo. I also look at it like the AC games where Sony has more of ad deal with Ubisoft to advertise the PS sku but still in the US the X360 version outsolde the PS3 version every year but globaly it's a different story. Regardless of ads, 360 still has the 16 or 17 million userbase lead in NA.

Dark_Feanor said:
DerNebel said:

3 30,421 250,911
inFAMOUS 2 (PS3)
3 11,835 86,267

+ It appears that the indie games haven´t compensated PS4 users for the release window drought.

Probably because the first one turned off a lot of people. The first one was pure garbage.

iceboy151 said:
Dark_Feanor said:
DerNebel said:

3 30,421 250,911
inFAMOUS 2 (PS3)
3 11,835 86,267

Probably because the first one turned off a lot of people. The first one was pure garbage.

Predicting that Second Son (PS4) will outsell Titanfall (XOne) in lifetime sales.  Click here for sales comparison thread.