By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal gear V: Ground zeroes?

Don't know crap about Metal gear series, but I'm interested about MGV coming soon. But can someone explains to me what is that Ground Zeroes game coming soon at half-game price? What is the relation with Phantom Pain?

Around the Network

GZ: $30 "demo" for the next gen console and $20 "demo" for the current gen console

PP: $60 full game that should be enjoyed by all

In order words, try not to buy GZ unless you have enough money to burn it in which case, give it to me instead

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

It's basically a small section of The Phantom Pain meant to introduce the story and get people used to the way the new game plays. A lot of people are angry because MGS 2 had something similar but the small section (tanker mission) came with MGS 2 rather than being sold separately. It's basically one mission that's a couple hours long and then some side missions.

Do the missions in GZ will be in PP? If so, that's kinda odd...

Will GZ have MGO?

Around the Network

Ground zeroes is the prologue to MGS V: The Phantom Pain. MGS is my favorite franchise but this one is different, the cutscenes are much shorter and it isn't heavy on them like the previous entries. Ground Zeroes in the timeline is in between MGS 3 And Metal Gear.

So here is the timeline MGS 3-PSP titles-Peace Walker-Ground Zeroes-Phantom Pain-Metal Gear-Metal Gear 2-Metal Gear Solid-Metal Gear Solid 2-Metal Gear solid 4 and Rising Revengance but I don't count it as canon.

If you want to catch up on the story i suggest watching the main entries online, a good youtuber is Vash12349. Also if you have a ps3 you can download the interactive Metal Gear encyclopedia.

Can't we all just get along.If not for yourself, do it for the future.

It hasn't been said to have MGO. But I may be wrong

I wouldn't write it off, but since you are paying for GZ it would be odd for it to end up in The Phantom Pain, unless it is a collector's edition.

DareDareCaro said:

Don't know crap about Metal gear series, but I'm interested about MGV coming soon. But can someone explains to me what is that Ground Zeroes game coming soon at half-game price? What is the relation with Phantom Pain?

If you don't know crap about the mgs series, I'd just skip out on this until you beat the other games. But ground zeroes is the first chapter of the phantom pains. 

Due to a love of the Metal Gear Solid Franchise, desire to get any next generation games attached to a big franchise, wanting to be prepared for the next entry and higher resolution on PS4 I will be picking this game up day one.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE