By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gamrconnect Most Wanted: March 2014 - Results!

Tagged games:

Salnax said:
Michael-5 said:

P.S. Salnax, without you, I'd have left VGC long ago. I joined for these "Most Wanted" and I choose to stay for them as well. Great Job, honest.

I also really love the console colour scheme. Reading these articles I'm more up to date on what's releasing, and what the fans are interested. I notice those niche games

Thank you. Today hasn't been a great day for me, and reading this really made it. My day I mean. A good one. Stuff.

Glad to cheer you up. Seriously though, I only joined VGC to vote for the Most Wanted Threads. I don't think you were making them back then, and in the transition from (Smeags?) to you I even wrote a Most Wanted feature.

Right now, ioi gives no pretty much no power to make this website better. All he cares about is Gamewise, while TrunksSwd (or William D'Angelo) writes all the articles for this website. So had it not been for your threads, I'd have left too.

Plus the Top 50 games at the end of the year, that's the other thread (also by you? Can't remember) which keeps me here. I edit my top 50 list every month, hard to nail down a position for a game.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:

Glad to cheer you up. Seriously though, I only joined VGC to vote for the Most Wanted Threads. I don't think you were making them back then, and in the transition from (Smeags?) to you I even wrote a Most Wanted feature.

Right now, ioi gives no pretty much no power to make this website better. All he cares about is Gamewise, while TrunksSwd (or William D'Angelo) writes all the articles for this website. So had it not been for your threads, I'd have left too.

Plus the Top 50 games at the end of the year, that's the other thread (also by you? Can't remember) which keeps me here. I edit my top 50 list every month, hard to nail down a position for a game.

I started doing these threads on February 22, 2012, when I started the April 2012 Edition vote. Smeags quit doing the Most Wanted late in 2011, and I thought to myself "I'll just wait till somebody picks up the torch and do it properly." A few months later, I thought "Crap, the torch is still lying around" and proceeded to hijack it. And the rest, as they say, is history. It took me a few months to learn how to not be an idiot about tallying votes, and things have changed a lot in two years, so its been plenty of fun. I guess that the next vote will technically be my two-year anniversary for this feature.

It's a shame that VGChartz is basically running on autopilot. Especially since Gamewise, to my knowledge, really hasn't taken off that much, nor does it fill as needed a niche as VGChartz does. With no offense to Gamewise, if it disappeared tomorrow, there would be a bunch of other sites that could ease the pain of loss. Other than VGChartz though, game sales are hard to find.

Smeags still does the Top 50 thing every year, but I do vote in that. Can't say I'm as devoted as you are though; every year, I just take last year's list, write all the new games I've played on the side, and rearrange them as necessary. That said, my Top 10 has not changed much these past two years. I've played some good games during this time, but my all-time faves were largely determined in the 2009 to 2011 period.

Anyhow, thanks again.

Love and tolerate.

Salnax said:
Michael-5 said:

I started doing these threads on February 22, 2012, when I started the April 2012 Edition vote. Smeags quit doing the Most Wanted late in 2011, and I thought to myself "I'll just wait till somebody picks up the torch and do it properly." A few months later, I thought "Crap, the torch is still lying around" and proceeded to hijack it. And the rest, as they say, is history. It took me a few months to learn how to not be an idiot about tallying votes, and things have changed a lot in two years, so its been plenty of fun. I guess that the next vote will technically be my two-year anniversary for this feature.

It's a shame that VGChartz is basically running on autopilot. Especially since Gamewise, to my knowledge, really hasn't taken off that much, nor does it fill as needed a niche as VGChartz does. With no offense to Gamewise, if it disappeared tomorrow, there would be a bunch of other sites that could ease the pain of loss. Other than VGChartz though, game sales are hard to find.

Smeags still does the Top 50 thing every year, but I do vote in that. Can't say I'm as devoted as you are though; every year, I just take last year's list, write all the new games I've played on the side, and rearrange them as necessary. That said, my Top 10 has not changed much these past two years. I've played some good games during this time, but my all-time faves were largely determined in the 2009 to 2011 period.

Anyhow, thanks again.

Yea I remember Smeags got real busy at one point and the feature started releasing months later. It used to be even a part of the news feed. I wrote the "long lost September issue" of September 2011 (or 2012?), but I wrote it in word, not excel. I was pretty bad too.

Had you not taken the torch, I might have, but I wouldn't have done as good of a job.

I agree with you about Gamewise, if ioi gives me more power, I'd do so much to help VGC's database. I'd finally name Fire Emblem Awakening properly.

For the top 50, it's just the games which rank above 30, I have trouble ranking. Almost every time I look at my top 50, I shuffle it a bit. You added nothing recently to your top 10? I think I'm going to add Fire Emblem Awakening, but yea it's hard to get a game up there.

----

Anyway, it's hard to always make a meaningfull comment on these threads, especially since you make such an in depth analysis, but I do read these articles thoroughly. Gives me a sense of what people are interested, so I don't miss any big games. Not much of a PC gamer though so I can't help you with that......_ _ _ 4 game. LOL.

BTW are you ever going to finish Tom Clancy for 3DS?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

yep good work salnax, wiiu leading the way on vgc

a few games disappearing for april ,on my list anyway

Above & Beyond

Hope you had a good birthday, Sally!

Around the Network

With Conception 2 releasing in April, and Drakengard 3, Mario Golf, and Mario Kart releasing in May........my top 5 for June is going to feel so empty!

I'm hoping Nintendo rocks E3, sales in Japan are weak, it's time for an XL Slim to release with a new AAA game.

Michael-5 said:

With Conception 2 releasing in April, and Drakengard 3, Mario Golf, and Mario Kart releasing in May........my top 5 for June is going to feel so empty!

I'm hoping Nintendo rocks E3, sales in Japan are weak, it's time for an XL Slim to release with a new AAA game.

I'm confident that there will be something interesting announced by somebody in the next three months. I have the niggling feeling that Nintendo in particular has something planned for March 18 or so, give or take a day.

As for the XL Slim, I have two thoughts: First, they haven't released the 2DS in Japan yet. I can't picture a cheaper sku, maybe timed for release around Super Smash Bros 4, hurting sales. Second... XL Slim? You want a slimmer version of a bigger handheld? Isn't that just the original?

Love and tolerate.

Salnax said:
Michael-5 said:

I'm confident that there will be something interesting announced by somebody in the next three months. I have the niggling feeling that Nintendo in particular has something planned for March 18 or so, give or take a day.

As for the XL Slim, I have two thoughts: First, they haven't released the 2DS in Japan yet. I can't picture a cheaper sku, maybe timed for release around Super Smash Bros 4, hurting sales. Second... XL Slim? You want a slimmer version of a bigger handheld? Isn't that just the original?

The original has a smaller screen.

The PSV slim is only 10% slimmer, but it's new. That's why people want it, especially in Japan/Asia. If they ,ake a 3DS Slim the only benefit I can see would be a lighter weight maybe, or a better battery.

As for Nintendo....I feel the same, let's see what happens. Just finishing Fire Emblem now, so I want moooooreee.

Wow, I was the only person who voted for Shovel Knight? :( Come on guys, that game looks awesome.

the_dengle said:
Wow, I was the only person who voted for Shovel Knight? :( Come on guys, that game looks awesome.

Shovel Knight would appear in my Top 10 if I could be bothered to make my monthly workload that large.I suspect the same is true with many people here.

In general though, people rarely vote for indie games in this feature. The big point-winners tend to be exclusive retail games. As Shovel Knight is an indie game appearing on a number of platforms, including some that already have platformers aplenty, people are not very likely to vote for it. Heck, Shovel Knight is not even the only major Mega Man styled indie game coming to the eShop in the next few months! You've also got Azure Striker from Inafune.

So far in April edition, for example, not a single indie sku has over 4 points, despite the top couple of games being in the 90's. Though it's worth noting that Shovel Knight HAS gotten multiple votes this month, which is not bad considering it was ineligible the first week or so.

Love and tolerate.