By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo hes a higher chance of going bankrupt then Sony - Explaining why

NintendoPie said:
Justagamer said:

Sony has been bleeding for a decade. It's not something that just started the last couple of years, as it has for Nintendo. They are far from being on level ground. Not even close.

They both have the same chances of going bankrupt. Sony is a large company that really plays a part in the Japanese Economy, if worst comes to worst Japan will probably bail them out due to them not wanting to lose them.

Sony has had a history of not doing well, but in the coming years I seriously doubt they will go bankrupt.

I don't know for sure, but I would bet that Toyota and Honda would argue that. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Around the Network

I'm not a business analyst, but I seriously can't see it happening.

None will go bankrupt, the Japanese government wouldn't allow it to happen, period.

tanok said:
aryu said:
tanok said:

well, not sure, at least the estadistics tell other thing
http://wiiudaily.com/2014/01/macroaxis-nintendo-failure/
"
Macroaxis predicts Nintendo only has 22% chance of failure in the next two years
According to an investment analyst tool, Nintendo's chance of failure is much less than Sony's.
Ashley King
By Ashley King
ON JANUARY 3RD, 2014 IN NEWS

One of the things that permeates gaming culture is the notion that Nintendo is a niche product that is destined to fail. Ask any gamer who primarily focuses on Sony or Microsoft consoles and you’ll hear arguments that Nintendo is doomed, they’re a company full of gimmicks, and that they won’t survive past a few years in this age of mobile. While that perception has done a lot to taint some gamers against Nintendo, is it actually true?

Macroaxis is a financial investing tool that takes numerous aspects of an organization’s performance into account when determining whether the company is financially sound. Using this tool, we ran an analysis on Nintendo as a whole and discovered that the tool only predicts a 22% chance of failure for Nintendo. So where are Sony and Microsoft sitting? The results may surprise you.

Microsoft is currently sitting pretty at only a 1% chance of failure due to its software division. Windows currently does a lot to carry the company and despite techie reactions to Windows 8, the world seems far more accepting. This is not to mention Microsoft’s current stranglehold on the enterprise side of things, where Windows and Office are the name of the game. Microsoft can afford to have the Xbox division fail, though it would be a costly mistake.

As for Sony, anyone who has been paying attention to the global market as of recently knows that overall the company hasn’t been too healthy. They’ve recently had to sell headquarters and shore up divisions in order to make ends meet, so there’s plenty riding on the success of the PlayStation 4. Macroaxis determined that Sony has a whopping 78% chance of failure in the next 2 years, according to what financials look like today. That’s certainly more telling than Nintendo’s problem.

"

That was in January. This is now:

http://www.macroaxis.com/invest/ratio/NTDOY.PK--Probability_Of_Bankruptcy  - Nintendo has a 75% chance of going bankrupt according to macroaxis.

http://www.macroaxis.com/invest/ratio/SNE--Probability-Of-Bankruptcy - Sony has a 48% chance of going bankrupt according to macroaxis.

those pages dont work

maybe they are broken, have anothers?

the sony one works. Here's the nintendo one again: http://www.macroaxis.com/invest/ratio/NTDOF--Probability-Of-Bankruptcy

PS3, PS4, PSV, Wii U, 3DS + 3DS XL Owner.

PlayStation Nation

NNID: aminryu1

I need to stop buying games...

Nope. They have a lot in the bank. And they´re not in debt. They could make better use of their IP´s copyright in the future.

But I do see Nintendo smaller in a near future. They can´t continue to lose money every fiscal year, despite having so much to back them up

Around the Network

I can't believe this thread has been around for 18 hours and the the tittle hasn't been fixed yet.

Nintendo and PC gamer

wangjingwanjia said:
None will go bankrupt, the Japanese government wouldn't allow it to happen, period.

I always hear this, what are the reasons for the Japanese government to not let those companies die?

Nintendo and PC gamer

Pathetic

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

osed125 said:

I can't believe this thread has been around for 18 hours and the the tittle hasn't been fixed yet.

Nintendo has over $10 Billion...cash in the bank, Nintendo 3ds even if sales werent as projected still makes them money, the Wii U is the one thing that makes them bleed but that will change as it will get cheaper to make them and the sales dont have to be amazing, just solid and all these can be fixed, dont forget that the Gamecube was actually a profitable console for them.
Sony ps 4 will be a beast, yet remember they lose money on Vitas due to their network communication and low sofware sell, Sony still struggles with their smartphones and lets not even talk about Sony pictures,