By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN-Thief: Next Gen vs. Current Gen Graphics Comparison

There it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHsc7mI9wjA

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Around the Network
FATALITY said:

There it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHsc7mI9wjA

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

The XBO version is crushing blacks. Most likely due to IGN fucking up their gamma settings. ¬_¬

Although I must admit that I love the saturated look it gives to the game.

PS4 and PC are pretty identical.

The darkness of the X1 makes it look a lot worse than the PS4/PC versions :/ (can't see half the detail). The shitty AA isn't helping either, but some of that is likely because of the resolution.

The PS4 and PC versions look pretty much indentical, but the PC wins by default since it can be run at 60fps :P

There is, of course, essentially no difference between gen 7 and 8 versions of the game.

Around the Network

Much in the vein of COD, MGS5: Ground Zeroes, Titanfall and Watchdogs( well maybe Titanfall, but we all known Zampella isnt going all out on graphics.). The gap isnt that great because the games weren't truly made for next gen consoles. The exclusives for next gen consoles are truly showing the leap. No reason to jump ship for multiplats.

TheLastStarFighter said:
There is, of course, essentially no difference between gen 7 and 8 versions of the game.

There is a reason for that. The game by itself isnt truly next gen.All games that are closer to current gen are suffering because of the fact that the games were made to still ago after the 360 and PS3 crowd, which PC gamers were complaining about with current gen games. Eventually the old batch of games will be flushed out.

It is always hard to judge a game by captions, since resolution on-screen will be different between a youtube-clip and the TV. However, the darker palette on X1 makes the colors seem more rich.

I like the Xbone colors, but overall they pretty much look the same to me. Clearly a 7th gen game at heart

The PS4/XOne/PC versions are all visually stunning -- but I think I like the looks of the XOne version the best because it has better color depth and contrast. PS4 version has some nice extra lighting effects, but looks a little washed out.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016