By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What would get you to buy the Wii U as is?

Do you own a Wii U?

Yes, I do. 131 58.22%

No, but I plan on getting one. 30 13.33%

No, and I don't plan on getting one. 43 19.11%

No, and I'm still unsure... 21 9.33%

Total:225

By "as is," I mean for $300 and with the Gamepad. I'm more interested in what gamers who don't plan on ever getting a Wii U have to say, but I also want to here from everyone else, but in your post, I want you to say if you plan on getting one or not. And be realistic. Don't say something like "it would need to be bundled with 20 games" or something else absurd.

So what does Nintendo need to do? A new Titanfall-like IP? A western RPG by Retro Studios? Super Mario Paintball? Metroid with online multiplayer? Star Fox with online multiplayer? Pokemon game with online like in Destiny? Twitch streaming? No region lock? More JRPGs? Nintendo buying Capcom/Sega/your favorite realistically purchasable IP owner? What?

Around the Network

a NEW 90+ rated Zelda, thats all it took to get me to get a 3DS this xmas

Should be an option for "I did, but didnt keep it" as I sold mine after it went 6 months without even being turned on

The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.

Ernest Hemmingway

Maybe a new Metroid Prime, but I'd still probably wait for a price drop.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Price drop plus a top rated Zelda game + a Metroid game

Big Price drop

Around the Network

Already have one. But Nintendo need to hurry up with the Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Zelda, Metroid etc. but also a few more titles which showcase asymmetric gameplay and how awesome it can be for local multiplayer.

I plan to buy one because there isn't really a choice. Someone has to free the hostages.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Realistically, a new Zelda game that is as good as the best in the series.

Mario Kart 8 bundle for 99 euro.

I can't think of anything realistic that would make me buy a Wii U. I have absolutely zero interest in the system. I mean, I like Nintendo games, but the 3DS is good enough for that. If I see a Wii U for 99 € I'll take it just because it's cheap. But other than that? Can't see it happening. It would need a bunch of absolutely top notch titles I can't get anywhere else. And I don't think Wii U will ever get such titles. Not saying the games ain't good. They're just not what I personally want.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.