By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global up - Feb 22 - PS4 449,705/Xbox One 56,769

It seems that PS4's are selling as quickly as they appear on the shelves. It's apparent that Sony took stock due to NA & EU to bolster the JP launch, once they reduce the shipments to JP, we should see stock rising in NA and EU to cope with demand. I fully expect 200k-250k WW for the PS4 next week, and then it will come done to around 150k on average for the next 3-4 weeks. I fully expect the XBone sales to gradually increase in preparation for Titanfall, and there may be a slight surge the week it releases, but I doubt sales will go over 120k WW in the biggest week.

Sony doesn't expect stock to properly meet demand until April and I honestly expect this to be the case. I now think PS4 sales in particular will be huge this year....I now think that the PS4 will have a somewhere between 15-17m total by the end of this year.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Around the Network

@Patty2720

It is true that you haven't been able to just walk into a store and purchase a PS4 in Denamark. But with a bit of effort you could have ordered one at Bilka, Fona and GameStop and gotten it a few months ago.

Don't copy random editorials.

ThatDanishGamer said:

@Patty2720

It is true that you haven't been able to just walk into a store and purchase a PS4 in Denamark. But with a bit of effort you could have ordered one at Bilka, Fona and GameStop and gotten it a few months ago.

I preordered mine at Gamestop (på Fisketorvet) :( 

Both consoles have constraints.......PS4 supply, XBOX demand.
With a proposed price cut and bundle the demand for xbox ones may pick up but all this will do is to start to clear the boxes which have sat on the shelves for the last few weeks.

No reason for ps4 to cut costs as they can shift every console made (hell even if the price rose they could shift them)

Do you all think that the retailers will replace the xbox's as they start to sell more or do you think they will scale back the number as the console doesn't seem to be selling as well. If the scale back the number of consoles (which i suspect they will) it will look bad for msft.

Jumpinbeans said:
Both consoles have constraints.......PS4 supply, XBOX demand.
With a proposed price cut and bundle the demand for xbox ones may pick up but all this will do is to start to clear the boxes which have sat on the shelves for the last few weeks.

No reason for ps4 to cut costs as they can shift every console made (hell even if the price rose they could shift them)

Do you all think that the retailers will replace the xbox's as they start to sell more or do you think they will scale back the number as the console doesn't seem to be selling as well. If the scale back the number of consoles (which i suspect they will) it will look bad for msft.

clearly the latter.

Around the Network

MY PS4 HAS ARRIVED! - JUST GOT THE CALL FROM GAMESTOP!!! NEXT GEN HERE I COME!!!

Patty2720 said:
MY PS4 HAS ARRIVED! - JUST GOT THE CALL FROM GAMESTOP!!! NEXT GEN HERE I COME!!!

Welcome!

bigjon said:
Sales in NA and EU will go up for PS4 before they go down. Sony will get stock levels to 200k not counting Japan. I think with Infamous and stock no longer being store for Japan we will see 1 million WWW sales in Feb. before leveling off at 175k a week in the summer.

Yeah this is what I am thinking/hoping too.

Patty2720 said:

Haha just when you were talking about not having it yet congrats and enjoy!

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Patty2720 said:

Congrats man, bet that was a good feeling to get that call.