By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your least favourite game genre?

Fighting games + me = failure on a galactic scale

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

Around the Network
Soriku said:
DMeisterJ said:
Racing games, fighting games, and casual games.

You hate Final Fantasy?

Please, use "non-traditional" nor "casual".

I'm assuming you meant "not", not "nor" right?  Cause then what would I use?

Please use "or", not "nor".

Soriku said:
DMeisterJ said:
Racing games, fighting games, and casual games.

You hate Final Fantasy?

Please, use "non-traditional" nor "casual".

Edit: See http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=17644

No, being a mainstream game does not equate to being a casual game. A casual game is defined by the content within the game itself. Here are some examples: Zelda and Metal Gear are both mainstrem franshises. However, calling those games casual would be inaccurate. Casual is a genre itself, not just any mainsteam game.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Racing, Music and Sports games are my least favorite.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Puzzle games and ones with mini games.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Around the Network
Soriku said:

Casual means mainstream because most people don't play video games. Playing video games is NOT the "casual" thing to do. Final Fantasy IS casual because it's very mainstream. It's casual. MH and DQ are casual too (in Japan at least).

Edit: There's a difference between non-traditional (meaning those that haven't played games) and casual (the mainstream thing). But they are both the same in this case. If most people played video games then it wouldn't be casual.

The term "Casual" is used to define a style of gameplay; therefore, it's a genre itself. Mainstream has a different meaning all together. A mainstream game is based on how well it sells, whereas a casual game is based on content within the game and how it plays. World Of Warcraft, for instance, is anything but casual. However, the game is a mainstream game, as it has sold over 9m units. It it ridiculous and even fallacious to call a game casual based on sells alone. 

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Puzzles and MOST driving games

even though i really enjoy some tetris now and then, and really love some Mario Kart and Burnout

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

Least would have to be FPS on consoles even though I still play them a lot, FPS is my second favorite on PC though next to RTS. I also don't like many beat em up type games, unless it's old school Ninja Turtles.

EDIT: I HATE SPORTS GAMES TO DEATH GO PICK UP A BALL AND JUST PLAY THE STUPID GAME!

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I was going to say FPS, but then there's Portal and Metroid Prime 3...

then I was going to say Fighting games, but there's Super Smash Bros Melee & Brawl

then I was going to say Racing games, but then there's Mario Kart and Excite Truck.

Maybe sports games, but now that companies are starting to use the Wii's motion controls, I'm kinda more receptive towards them.

It's really weird, but a lot of the genre's that I used to really hate have recently seemed to open up with games that I've actually really enjoyed. A lot of this I can really only attribute to the spin that Nintendo puts on each of these Genres and the capabilities that the Wiimote adds to these games as well.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Least favorite game genre?  Definitely EA.