By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Are Xbox One buyers REALLY paying $100 more for weaker hardware?

I mean the hardware is nice and all but no point in being awe struck about whats inside the system if you have nothing notable to play.
So yes Xbox One owners are definitely pay more money for more things. Than they have to shell out even more money for all those freaking triple A exclusives that the Xbone has acquired. 

Around the Network

Hm, actually... The xo offers more value for your money. You get live gold games on 360 (viva pinata, halo 3 etc) and above all you now have to pay for psn ololoololol!!1

You also get ryse which looks stellar in 900/25 next gen madness!1

Cj2i3 said:

I mean the hardware is nice and all but no point in being awe struck about whats inside the system if you have nothing notable to play.
So yes Xbox One owners are definitely pay more money for more things. Than they have to shell out even more money for all those freaking triple A exclusives that the Xbone has acquired. 

Such as?

Option- said:
Hm, actually... The xo offers more value for your money. You get live gold games on 360 (viva pinata, halo 3 etc) and above all you now have to pay for psn ololoololol!!1

You also get ryse which looks stellar in 900/25 next gen madness!1

Sarcasm over the internet?

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Cj2i3 said:

Such as?

Dead Rising,  Forza, Killer Instinct, Zoo Tycoon etc...

Along with various other console exclusives soon to be released.

Thats the argument of the wiiU. X1 is still weaker than the ps4, it's better in some aspects and in others is worse. What matters is that people don't care enough about the x1 advantages over the ps4 when there's such a price difference.

Around the Network
Cj2i3 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Cj2i3 said:

Such as?

Fair. But thats true of all 3 consoles. So I doubt that justifies the price gap.  Real Talk though, Titanfall Bundle is 20$ cheaper than PS4 + Camera so. That's something I'd buy.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Well prorities is true I mean think about this for example:

Microsoft is making cortana for Windows phones etc. Lets assume it works good and therefore will be implemented in Halo5 so you can have real conversations with ingame A.I.

MasterChief: "is a vehicle nearby?"
Cortana: "according to UNSC records one Warthog is left aboard the ship"

That would be cool.

but what bothers me more is that Microsoft wasted what? $400million on a shitty NFL deal that only americans care about.
You know what also costs $400m? 20m Xones having a $20 more expensive GPU/CPU combo which would have resulted in better sales due to better specs...

The value is much better with the new bundle though.

Titanfall is a $60 game + you get Kinect 2.0 and an HDMI in and other TV stuff for $40 more ... that's a lot more reasonable.

They can't do much about the chipset at this point, but it's not like the PS4 outperforms the 1 by several times. The difference is more like the Genesis to the SNES or something.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Cj2i3 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Cj2i3 said:

Such as?

Fair. But thats true of all 3 consoles. So I doubt that justifies the price gap.  Real Talk though, Titanfall Bundle is 20$ cheaper than PS4 + Camera so. That's something I'd buy.

Yeah, wasn't trying to say that if you bought a PS4 or WiiU you woundn't have to shell out a bunch of money either, just in my situation I'd only get BF4 and ofcourse inFamous when it comes in a month with a PS4. Otherwise I'd have to get atleast 3 Xbone games with my purchase, then id get TitanFall, PvZ:GW.  

The TitanFall bundle is great although I wish it was a special edition console instead of the normal black, or atleast give me the damn TitanFall controller.

the free plus for 30 days did originally come with all ps4s i know b/c i bought a ps4 on launch day and again a few weeks ago when i rebought it didnt come with the offer just an ad for plus where its supposed to be, seems like some time during Jan or even earlier they took the offer out

about the OP dont know if its a joke or not but seeing the stuff about more plastic and power brick lol leads me to believe it is the only valid point is the headphones but with the ps4 online is $10 cheaper plus pays for its self with alot of great current games for free and the sytem is able to accept laptop HDD and even SSDs

Play Me