By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Are Xbox One buyers REALLY paying $100 more for weaker hardware?

Too_Talls said:
Not sure if serious or trolling -_-

I paid more for comfortability if that makes any sense. I had no choice but to go with MS. $500 may be the most expensive console but looking at other gadgets like iPhones that come out every year with nothing new and cost like $800, $500 for an xbox one is far better value than a lot of things people buy now a days.

A little of both, actually.  The Xbox One seems to have gone all out in packaging, HDMI cable, Headset, etc.  The PS4 doesn't seem to have a lot in the box.

Around the Network

1. more plastic sucks
2. the headset is better, yes
3. kinect should be optional, everything else is consumer-hostile (NO dev will EVER use it in way that enhances the gaming experience)
4/5.i just switch the port with my regular remote
6. omg... Srsly?

Dont even need to mention the ps4's pros

Please say me, youre trolling.

You didn't get a voucher for a free month of PS+? I'm pretty sure I did along with the $10 voucher and a free month of Music Unlimited. Though there were also free vouchers with many of the games, so maybe I'm thinking of that.

Plus, in terms of apps, the PS4 has Twitch and a stable party chat system, neither of which the X1 has at the moment.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

adriane23 said:
You didn't get a voucher for a free month of PS+? I'm pretty sure I did along with the $10 voucher and a free month of Music Unlimited. Though there were also free vouchers with many of the games, so maybe I'm thinking of that.

Plus, in terms of apps, the PS4 has Twitch and a stable party chat system, neither of which the X1 has at the moment.

I couldn't even find a youtube app for my PS4.  I'll check again. If not, I could always use the browser, though....like how I used Twitch on the Wii U browser. 

Is it true that the Xbox One doesn't have a stable party chat system?  I've heard arguments both ways.  Someone with an  Xbox One needs to set the record straight!  And no, no free month of PS+, I'm afraid.  Just a free month of Music Unlimited, the $10 voucher, and a PS+ advertisement.  I grabbed a PS3 back on November 29th and it came with a free month.  I already used it, though.

Option- said:

1. more plastic sucks
2. the headset is better, yes
3. kinect should be optional, everything else is consumer-hostile (NO dev will EVER use it in way that enhances the gaming experience)
4/5.i just switch the port with my regular remote
6. omg... Srsly?

Dont even need to mention the ps4's pros

Please say me, youre trolling.

1.  More Plastic is awesome.

2.  We agree.

3.  We'll have to see.

4/5.  I guess you have to.  You don't have any other choice.

6. Seriously.

No.  It's not trolling if what I say is true, is it?

Around the Network

I lol'd at the extra plastic bit but I agree with most of what's said.

Short answer, yes.
Long answer yes, but...

And the paperweight known as Kinect! Its a very fancy high-coture paperwait that fits your living room perfectly.

"PS3 is better than the 360 because it comes with a bluray player inside which adds hundreds to the value. Go and try to find a bluray player under $800.

PS3 is worth the $600 and is actually incredible value compared to 360."

- PS3 fans (2007)

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Max King of the Wild said:
The real headset was included after an outcry that one wasnt being provided. Ontop of that it is a special input so you need to buy MS or knock off headset. Sonys can be replaced by most others and I also believe the ps3 blutooths headsets (i could be mistakrn there)

My day one edition came with a headset.... was there an outcry before it was launched??