By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake: “It’s Happening,” Insider Says

RenCutypoison said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

Most likely different teams

i for one never played ff7 so I will be excited to see what the hype is all about!

If you played VI or X you will be disappointed.

Not really. VII is a worthy game, and a superb one. Problem is, people have overhyped it so much throughout these years that it can feel as a disappointment when you go back to it.

Around the Network
RenCutypoison said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
leyendax69 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
leyendax69 said:
Damn, when people will stop with this shit... leave FF7 alone. Square, better this is not true, or I don't give a crap about FFXV in that case.

I don't understand, what would this, even though its probably not true, have to do with FFXV?

Wasting resources of the company in an unnecessary project that delay the game even more.

i for one never played ff7 so I will be excited to see what the hype is all about!

Why?  I have played vi and x and I thought vii was the best final fantasy ever made...

Wright said:
RenCutypoison said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

Not really. VII is a worthy game, and a superb one. Problem is, people have overhyped it so much throughout these years that it can feel as a disappointment when you go back to it.

I found FFVII disappointing when it released. It's always been overrated. As much as I despise FFVII, I'm glad it was a success. Prior to FFVII, we missed out on a ton of JRPGs in the West. 

mobile exclusive.

NYANKS said:
Wright said:

Xbox One exclusive, to compensate for FF X exclusivity.

I don't know if the Internet could handle that level of implosion.

Lol, more like I don't think SE could handle that type of floppage.  They would be done at that point.  Mobile only. 

Around the Network

Can't wait to play..... on iPhone.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

miz1q2w3e said:
Why?? Make a new FF instead.

Have you not seen or played any of the last gens Final fantasy games? Square can go and write 10 more fan fics for lightning until they reach FF13-13 they still would not compare to a respectfully made perfect remake of the original Final Fantasy VII but....

This is now SquareEnix not Squaresoft so that will never happen, they will release this on the worst format imaginable, Materia will be DLC, HP and MP will be microtransactions, you'll have to wait 2 years after its launch of it for FFVII:Disk2 to release at the same full retail price and then another 5 years before the last disk gets cancelled so they can continue to work on their New ios game where they have literally created an App which sucks the human soul through your Iphones screen every time you tap it....

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ninetailschris said:
Can't wait to play..... on iPhone.

I hate how perfectly right you are

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

gergroy said:
RenCutypoison said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

Why?  I have played vi and x and I thought vii was the best final fantasy ever made...

You are the exact reason why i would be disappointed. Even more than a decade later, the game is still overhyped and overrated. It is not, objectively, the best final fantasy ever made. Every Final Fantasy was directed with the same greatness, VII is just the one that suits the most your tastes.

VII like any Final Fantasy had flaws, like a storyline with a lot of fake twists, and I didn't find the protagonist in any way interesting. And the post game grinding was boring too.

Not gonna happen.