By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Donkey Kong Tropical freeze..better than SM3DW???

zippy said:

I never saw this coming, i knew Tropical Freeze would be a solid game but i wasn't prepared for it to be this good. Im actually deliberating whether this is better than SM3DW, it is at least on par. The music, level design, graphics and gameplay are of the highest quality, im extremely pleased with it. To you Wii U owners that have played/own both games, which do you prefer?...im still trying to make my mind up :)

LMFAO! Nowhere near the same quality! The review scores should give you a hint!

Around the Network
Cheebee said:

I'll be getting it early next week, can't wait to experience it; it'll be my first DKC game, ever.

3D World was glorious - if it's better, or even on par, then wow.

It isn't! Its old school platformer and you get killed unfairly with hazards you have no chance of avoiding.

3d mario isn't as good and deep as it use to be, my money would definitely be on this game being much better. Also Retro made it... so it has a better dev team as well.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Ashadian said:
Cheebee said:

I'll be getting it early next week, can't wait to experience it; it'll be my first DKC game, ever.

It isn't! Its old school platformer and you get killed unfairly with hazards you have no chance of avoiding.

Nonsense! Have you even played the game?

Some of the levels (the K levels) are VERY hard, but they aren't unfair.

Ashadian said:
Cheebee said:

I'd say all of my +100 deaths in the game have been my own fault.

Define hazards that you cannot avoid?

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network

Metacritic says otherwise, maybe it's the hype getting to you. Wait a couple of days and reflect back on what you said. With that Metacritic score, Donkey Kong Tropical Frezee is mediocre at best.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
Metacritic says otherwise, maybe it's the hype getting to you. Wait a couple of days and reflect back on what you said. With that Metacritic score, Donkey Kong Tropical Frezee is mediocre at best.

82 is mediocre now?

So of 55 reviews, 45 being positive , and 10 being mixed = mediocre at best?

: /

_crazy_man_ said:
Anfebious said:

82 is mediocre now?

Anything less than 85 is mediocre these days.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:

Uh oh.  Tropical Freeze is suddenly a medicore game. Nintendo should drop support for  the DK franchise as soon as possible!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Anfebious said:
_crazy_man_ said:
Anfebious said:

82 is mediocre now?

Anything less than 85 is mediocre these days.

Please tell me you're being sarcastic. 

EDIT: Turns out you .  : )