By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lightning Returns impression

Wright said:
aryu said:

Thanks. Square definitely hit their lowest with this. I actually regret purchasing the steelbook edition of the game. I kept thinking 'maybe it'll get better'. Unfortunately, it never did :( Also as many reviewers have said, you won't get attached to a single character.

During a fan presentation in Japan, the developers also talked about how Lightning’s boobs jiggle and confirmed they boosted Lightning’s bust. Why did Square Enix feel the need to do this since other Final Fantasy games steered clear of this kind of stuff? That’s the question Siliconera asked Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII producer Yoshinori Kitase.
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/07/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-alters-lightnings-silly-sorceress-pose-final-release/#gQWDbWrpriEfXIOZ.99
During a fan presentation in Japan, the developers also talked about how Lightning’s boobs jiggle and confirmed they boosted Lightning’s bust. Why did Square Enix feel the need to do this since other Final Fantasy games steered clear of this kind of stuff? That’s the question Siliconera asked Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII producer Yoshinori Kitase.
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/07/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-alters-lightnings-silly-sorceress-pose-final-release/#gQWDbWrpriEfXIOZ.9

What about Sazh?

Haven't gotten to Sazh yet but Noel, Snow, Lightning and Hope all feel like soulless corpses. Even both Lightning and Hope talk about how they feel no emotions lol The NPC voiceovers are also horrible. It feels like they are speaking in monotone. No emotions whatsoever.

PS3, PS4, PSV, Wii U, 3DS + 3DS XL Owner.

PlayStation Nation

NNID: aminryu1

I need to stop buying games...

Around the Network

What are you talking about, game is great. I'm on 4 day right now. Near the end of main quest 3. There is some technical problems, but battle system, world itself, and story is quite good. After a mess that 13-2 was, it's a miracle.)

aryu said:
NobleTeam360 said:
I also have it and I disagree it's the best game in the 13 series.

I think we are on the opposite sides of the table. Did you like it straight away or did it take some time getting into it?

I liked it straight away. Although the combat took a little time to get down pat. 

aryu said:
Wright said:
aryu said:

Thanks. Square definitely hit their lowest with this. I actually regret purchasing the steelbook edition of the game. I kept thinking 'maybe it'll get better'. Unfortunately, it never did :( Also as many reviewers have said, you won't get attached to a single character.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/07/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-alters-lightnings-silly-sorceress-pose-final-release/#gQWDbWrpriEfXIOZ.99
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/07/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-alters-lightnings-silly-sorceress-pose-final-release/#gQWDbWrpriEfXIOZ.9

What about Sazh?

Haven't gotten to Sazh yet but Noel, Snow, Lightning and Hope all feel like soulless corpses. Even both Lightning and Hope talk about how they feel no emotions lol The NPC voiceovers are also horrible. It feels like they are speaking in monotone. No emotions whatsoever.

Sazh will surely fix NPC love, you just wait and see! :D

NobleTeam360 said:
aryu said:
NobleTeam360 said:
I also have it and I disagree it's the best game in the 13 series.

I think we are on the opposite sides of the table. Did you like it straight away or did it take some time getting into it?

I liked it straight away. Although the combat took a little time to get down pat. 

Ah right. I actually liked the combat side of things but when I found out that  I couldn't get moves like Fire in the same way as previous iterations, I was upset.I'll carry on playing till completion. Who knows, my views might've changed by then.

PlayStation Nation

Around the Network
Wright said:
aryu said:
Wright said:
aryu said:

What about Sazh?

Sazh will surely fix NPC love, you just wait and see! :D

I hope so because the only character/thing that I've liked in the game was a white chocobo.

PlayStation Nation

I'm  waiting for that 19.99 price drop ;) I have to many games as is right now. 

FinalFantasyXIII said:

I'm  waiting for that 19.99 price drop ;) I have to many games as is right now. 

Probably best to do that I got it for £30 (steelbook + Cloud DLC) and I feel like I should've waited for a drop.

PlayStation Nation

I also loved FFXIII and XIII-2 but I know what you mean.

I'm only into the second day but I think I'm stuck (at least for the day). Went through one of the time gates on day one and stayed in that section (slums) there until 6am, now I'm still there on day 2 and the gates are closed til 8pm.
There's nothing I can do as far as I know except wait.

Putin said:
What are you talking about, game is great. I'm on 4 day right now. Near the end of main quest 3. There is some technical problems, but battle system, world itself, and story is quite good. After a mess that 13-2 was, it's a miracle.)

I thought 13-2 was great. It felt like a mess at the beginning but then everything fell in place. I think the ending had a bigger impact on me though.

PlayStation Nation