By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Want to come see me? *UPDATED WITH RECAP VID IN OP*

Do you look like the guy in the avatar and if so will you try to rape me?

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
I'd love to come and see you, you seem like a really cool and funny guy but I fear it's an overly heavy trip for me to take!

No worries, there will be an episode on it afterwards

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
LemonSlice said:

A glance at my signature and single click are all you need to find out

^^/
BasilZero said:
No...but make some gameplay videos on your channel :O

You mean, like, PURELY gameplay?

^^/
BasilZero said:

Yes with commentary if you want.

Would be interesting to see :O

WE NEED A COMMUNITY OF LPERS/Playthroughers in this site n_n!

Unfortunately, going into this, I decided against that, as doing my YouTube research to come up with a "business plan", I saw an overabundance of "gameplay with commentary".  There's no denying that there's no shortage of people doing that, even for the Wii U.

Though, it's not as if there's a SHORTAGE of gameplay in my episodes clearly aimed towards games.  Thanks to early feedback, my reviews consist primarily of gameplay now, instead of cutting back to me making jokes (in other words, at the request of others, I've reduced "desk jokes" on reviews to focus more on the review itself).

Having said that, I will keep this in mind, as you might have noticed I have a special section called "Mini Mondays" that give me more freedom to do as I please, and I may put something like what you're saying there as a smaller episode.

^^/
Around the Network
ZyroXZ2 said:
LemonSlice said:

A glance at my signature and single click are all you need to find out

I usually ignore people who spam the boards to promote their channel (as I'm sure many others do) but yours is a quality one. Shame YouTube is so overcrowded that people who really put effort into what they post get largely ignored. Do watch some of the popular ones though, to learn how they promote themselves and their videos, even if you don't want to change your style.

I think you should make thumbnails for your videos, and put what they're about first in the title, then the name of the show.

LemonSlice said:

I usually ignore people who spam the boards to promote their channel (as I'm sure many others do) but yours is a quality one. Shame YouTube is so overcrowded that people who really put effort into what they post get largely ignored. Do watch some of the popular ones though, to learn how they promote themselves and their videos, even if you don't want to change your style.

I think you should make thumbnails for your videos, and put what they're about first in the title, then the name of the show.

I HAVE been thinking of creating photoshopped thumbnails for the videos, mostly because my ugly mug doesn't help "sell" at first glance, lol

As for the video title order, I think putting the content first optimizes for searches, but on a professional level, what official show ever doesn't have its title first followed by the episode name?  I'll give it some thought, though!

^^/

The event went pretty well! Thank you to any forum-goers that came by and checked things out or played some games! I will have an episode recap next Thurs that will include discussion and takeaways about the event!

^^/

That thread title is an open invitation to stalkers everywhere lol ;oP

Best of luck with it mate!

snowdog said:
That thread title is an open invitation to stalkers everywhere lol ;oP

Best of luck with it mate!

I already had two mods from two different forums show up, lmao

Needless to say, they hogged the Wii U the most to play games they don't have yet, hahaha

^^/