By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Japan launch CELEBRATION (It's here!) - Predictions closed!

I'm gonna go with 400K opening week

Around the Network
jacks81x said:

Wouldn't shock me that the VP of Bandai-Namco knows something that the average Joe does not.  I was surprised to see that the PS4 is still readily available on Amazon JP and that there haven't been many reports of throngs of people lining up for the PS4 in Japan yet when it's now only 15 hours away from the JP launch.

PS4 will clear 6 million without Japan by the end of March. He basically doesn't know anything, average Joe knows more than that.

10,000,000 first week. Day One.

- Feeling optimistic and want this to be quoted afterwards.

"Yeah, well some expected 10M day one"

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

350-400k

625k for the first week.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

250k first week

Damn people are waaay over estimating the PS4 launch in Japan :/

Or maybe I'm under estimating it waaay to much :O I just can't see it hitting the numbers alot of you are saying.

Put me down for 600k in the first two days.

Predicting that Second Son (PS4) will outsell Titanfall (XOne) in lifetime sales.  Click here for sales comparison thread.

michael_stutzer said:
jacks81x said:

Wouldn't shock me that the VP of Bandai-Namco knows something that the average Joe does not.  I was surprised to see that the PS4 is still readily available on Amazon JP and that there haven't been many reports of throngs of people lining up for the PS4 in Japan yet when it's now only 15 hours away from the JP launch.

PS4 will clear 6 million without Japan by the end of March. He basically doesn't know anything, average Joe knows more than that.

I was referring to the launch numbers, but yes, I agree with you about the WW numbers.

I'm going to go for a nice round 654,321.

48 hour period and there will be shortages for months just like the rest of the world.