By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The XB1 wasn't ready for launch in 2013

endimion said:
Lol I couldn't live without Kinect on Xbox one even if no game was ever made for it... I even tried to turn off my fan with voice command today (followed by a facepalm).... I even get pissed at Kinect 1 not having some features like instant switch between apps or games or volume controls...
using the pad to do basic stuff that shouldn't need me to move a finger so I can do other things at the same time.. Reminds me of my grandpa bitching after cellphone/smartphone... Or people refusing to use social networking or IM to communicate and still use inefficient old fashion ways of communication...
hey I guess to each their own.... I'll have my smart house before I turn 45 y.o. Enjoy your pads...

Gamers are adaptable. Controllers used to consist of a single stick and button.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

I've been saying this since launch or right before. Sony should have waited also. Both were rushed

TheSting said:
I've been saying this since launch or right before. Sony should have waited also. Both were rushed

I don't know the PS4 doesn't really seem rushed at all for a launch console even though I do agree that they also should have waited. But the XB1 clearly was not ready and was rushed. And it has hurt them more than it had helped them. Hopefully they pull everything together and get on to the vision that they had for the XB1.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

other things to take into account.
while Sony is an hardware and entertainment company their schedule on the hardware part is pretty straight forward.... BE READY FOR HOLIDAY SEASON ACROSS THE BOARD....

MS has a lot of stuff going on at the moment year round....
-company wide restructuration less than a year ago
-change of CEO
-MWC end of the month (mobile world congress)
-Nokia acquisition finalization in march (part of the hardware division with XB now)
-all the different game events starting soon
-build conference before E3
-WP8.1 releasing in april for OEM
-W8.1 update 1 RTM happening now

among other things

their schedule is way more busy and cross connected than ever before and top executive must be swamp with work at the moment.... I can't imagine top executive meetings right now they must last a day lol....

snyps said:
being prepared to launch a vanilla console like ps4 isn't that impressive. it's much more impressive to deliver something never done before. I agree to op. Ms wouldn't have launched in '13 if not for that preemption.

So when is this new console that will deliver something never done before coming out?

Around the Network

you should add "tl;dr version: CBoaT was right" to the OP.

kitler53 said:

you should add "tl;dr version: CBoaT was right" to the OP.

CBoat is by essence never right... he is just sometime lucky and fall on the dot.... about as accurate than a bet at the roulette.... but I guess he is a great guy to generate trafic on that joke that is neogaf.... and no I never ever considered neogaf as a good website since it bacame mainstream even when it was siding more on the Xbox side of things....

kabamarutr said:
Agreed. Sony's PS4 announcement last February caught them off-guard and started a series of hasty decisions, alterations of plans and politics and confusion regarding the original plan.

More amazing is the fact that Sony was that ready to launch and suffered absolutely no leaks.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Landguy said:
MonstaTruk said:
In my opinion, you should've never included the KINECT. THAT...by itself, would have opened up a WORLD of options. Better graphics card, larger RAM, equal or lower price at launch...it would've been a 12-round FIGHT. Now, for the moment, all signs point to a NO CONTEST decision.

It doesn't seem to be an argument of whether the PS4 will handily beat the XB1 in total sales.

I think the XB1 will have been succesful if it sells 70 million plus.  The reality is the PS4 will probably sell 120 million if that is the case.

70 million+ lifetime?  I'll take a bet with you or anybody else on vgchartz.com that the Xbox One doesn't reach 10 million sales, according to VGChartz, by COB December 31st, 2014.  The loser gets a lifetime permaban.  I mean, if Microsoft planned for a 7-year life cycle, and by your estimations that 70 million+ would make them profitable, SURELY they can hit 10 million in 13 months, consisting of TWO Christmas holidays, right?

I am not sure the outcome of delaying the release have made much of a difference, possibly to hardware but really it was the polices that did the damage early on, used games, 24 check in etc. They would still have launched with those polices as Don Mattrick would still be in charge, I think the reaction would have been the same.