Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, DKC Tropical Freeze didn't move consoles

DKC Tropical Freeze is a mainstream game

It should have sold better 156 47.85%

Sales proves nothing 76 23.31%

Sales = Metacritic 27 8.28%

I wanted DK64-2 62 19.02%

Total:321
Lyrikalstylez said:
wow, you know nintendo is in trouble when even nintendo fans arent buying your games

I mean the already small list just keeps getting crossed out with each title, Im afraid mario kart will be the same

You afraid?...yeah sure...

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

I dont know what you expected. I expected DKCTF to sell well, but it is not a system seller. The Wii U already has some great plattformers, people who want those already got the system. Mk8 and Smash Bros. will be system sellers though (hopefully). Nothing surprising for me here.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Or maybe people have had enough of platformers?

Retro could have been more innovative with tropical freeze instead of making a similar style game.

Fusioncode said:
Rogerioandrade said:
Was it supposed to move consoles ??? pffffff...

The previous entry sold a million units in Japan. So yes it should have done a lot better. 

Anyone with common sense knows 90% of Wii games sold better thanks to well..the Wii. 

I'm a believer that SW sells HW, but in many many Wii games, HW sold SW.

Nintendo and PC gamer

bubblegamer said:
What's next on the chalkboard?

Around the Network

At this point nothing will turn the tides for the Wii U. Consumers aren't interested and there are no ambitious games: New Super Mario Bros, 3D World, Zelda, Donkey Kong - these are all "save" sequels. Nothing exciting to be seen. With the Wii Nintendo was bold: Wii Sports was huge, Wii Fit was huge, motion controls were new and inviting. The Wii U should be called "anti-Wii", really.

I hope people will stop demanding "hardcore" games from Nintendo at this point. Every single hardcore game failed, the only decent seller is New Super Mario Bros. U (and Wii Party U in Japan) and that certainly is no "hardcore" game. Nintendo designed the Wii U to attract the core gamers and the console failed miserably.

Kranky Kong, need I say more?

areason said:
Or maybe people have had enough of platformers?

Retro could have been more innovative with tropical freeze instead of making a similar style game.

Coming from 1st party games...only NSMBU and 3D World (3 if you want to count Super Luigi U which is a DLC)

Counting 3rd party...only 2 more: Sonic Lost Worlds and Rayman Lengends.

In any case, why have people not had enough of FPS? genres matter very little.

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:
Fusioncode said:
Rogerioandrade said:
Was it supposed to move consoles ??? pffffff...

The previous entry sold a million units in Japan. So yes it should have done a lot better. 

Anyone with common sense knows 90% of Wii games sold better thanks to well..the Wii. 

I'm a believer that SW sells HW, but in many many Wii games, HW sold SW.

Me too, but I wonder if we´re looking at a unique situation here, where (for X number of reasons) the hardware itself is so unappealing, that it´s beyond 'salvation' even with great (at least, what we consider great) software.

Its a platformer in a sea of platformers. Its a great game no doubt, but I feel like people are getting a little tired of the same genre being pushed on the Wii U.