Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, DKC Tropical Freeze didn't move consoles

DKC Tropical Freeze is a mainstream game

It should have sold better 156 47.85%

Sales proves nothing 76 23.31%

Sales = Metacritic 27 8.28%

I wanted DK64-2 62 19.02%

Total:321

We haven't had a US release yet.

Super Mario 3D World had a weak opening too, but sales got better a few weeks out. Yes that was holiday season.

Generally, Nintendo's games chart slow and steady over the long-haul, rather than the boom-bust pattern of many other game debuts. Though one can't deny the WiiU's other issues affect this circumstance.

Other than Pokemon, what was the last Nintendo game that went sky-high in the charts and moved tons of hardware?

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
osed125 said:

All of your threads are basically the same. You wanted Metroid and because you didn't get it, you start to cry on a gaming forum. 

The Wii U could have all the games you want, it wouldn't have changed anything.

Or maybe DK64-2, or hey, a Zelda spin-off starring Sheik. What about pushing for the BK franchise? What a bout a new IP?

No, we get another DK.

Do you honestly believe those games would have made the Wii U sell better?

Nintendo and PC gamer

fleischr said:
We haven't had a US release yet.

Super Mario 3D World had a weak opening too, but sales got better a few weeks out. Yes that was holiday season.

Generally, Nintendo's games chart slow and steady over the long-haul, rather than the boom-bust pattern of many other game debuts. Though one can't deny the WiiU's other issues affect this circumstance.

Other than Pokemon, what was the last Nintendo game that went sky-high in the charts and moved tons of hardware?

TLOZ Twilight Princess on Wii launch

New Super Mario Bros Wii

DKC Returns on Wii

Mario Kart Wii

Super Smash Bros Brawl on Wii

Super Mario 3D Land on 3DS

Mario Kart 7 on 3DS

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

It'll do better in the States.

osed125 said:
Pavolink said:
osed125 said:

All of your threads are basically the same. You wanted Metroid and because you didn't get it, you start to cry on a gaming forum. 

The Wii U could have all the games you want, it wouldn't have changed anything.

Or maybe DK64-2, or hey, a Zelda spin-off starring Sheik. What about pushing for the BK franchise? What a bout a new IP?

No, we get another DK.

Are we talking about sales or about what I would like and because why I'm whining according to you?

Around the Network
osed125 said:
areason said:
Or maybe people have had enough of platformers?

Retro could have been more innovative with tropical freeze instead of making a similar style game.

Coming from 1st party games...only NSMBU and 3D World (3 if you want to count Super Luigi U which is a DLC)

Counting 3rd party...only 2 more: Sonic Lost Worlds and Rayman Lengends.

In any case, why have people not had enough of FPS? genres matter very little.

Well if the game wasn't so similar to its wii countepart it would have done better. 

I don't know what else could have done better, retro are a good studio they could have gone for an innovative new ip. 

morenoingrato said:
Pavolink said:

No, we get another DK.

DKCR was regarded as one of the polished and creative platformers of the 7th gen, and this one looks just as good. It's not as if it is a new Wii Music.

Deal with it.

And I'm not talking about the quality, which has fallen from the Wii entry according to Metacritic.

Pavolink said:
osed125 said:
Pavolink said:

No, we get another DK.

Are we talking about sales or about what I would like and because why I'm whining according to you?

Sales in HW.

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:
Hynad said:

The problem with the Wii U has been a differentiator one from day one.

Most of what is being released on it by Nintendo are products that have already been made on prior consoles. Only with better visuals. It needs something fresh. Something game changer. The gamepad has a lot of potential, yet Nintendo is playing it safe by releasing Wii U versions of games everyone played on the Wii not so long ago.

If that were true, then why is the PS4 selling well? In terms of gameplay and controls, the PS4 and it's games do nothing new, all it has is better visuals.

Perhaps it has something to do with the PS4 "keeping it simple"...out of the three, it´s the system seems to have the clearest focus, there´s no 'Gamepad', no 'Kinect', a clear "for the gamers" message.I don´t know, maybe it´s less about the PS4 being so good but more about the competition being so "bloated".

osed125 said:
Pavolink said:
osed125 said:
Pavolink said:

No, we get another DK.

Sales in HW.

Interesting.

Anyway, yes, I expect those games to sell better.