By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4+Vita cannot do WiiU afterall?

MikeRox said:
So the Vita version remains the definitive version of the game even after the XBONE and PS4 ports hit. Good to know.

Damn straight it does and rightly so!

PS3, PS4, PSV, Wii U, 3DS + 3DS XL Owner.

PlayStation Nation

NNID: aminryu1

I need to stop buying games...

Around the Network

There is no sucefull franchise on wiiu to use the gamepad yet. When(if) it comes, them you can count there will be a lot of alike them there.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

"after all"

You type that as if they ever actually promised that linking up PS4 and Vita could accomplish the same things as the Wii U does.

They never claimed that they could.

It can as MM done it with the Little Big Planet 2 DLC, but no developer can be bothered to utilise this feature.

walsufnir said:
bubblegamer said:
Why would we want to emulate the WiiU when no one is buying the console itself?

Why would anyone want to build a specific solution for PS4+Vita when no one is buying the Vita?

Both damn good points, second screen gaming is just the next Gimmick that will fail hard. 

Around the Network

well.. the Rayman Legends example is really, really dissapointing. I was expecting that it would be possible to control Murphy with Vita´s touchscreen (like it is on the WiiU), but nope.....

It seems that Vita may work in a few games just like an extra controller and nothing more than that. Well.. it was not designed with that function in mind after all.

justiceiro said:
There is no sucefull franchise on wiiu to use the gamepad yet. When(if) it comes, them you can count there will be a lot of alike them there.

Nintendoland. Wii Party U.

daxter100 said:

Vita options:

gaming hanheld= No , second controller= No, Ps Now =possibly NO
No love for vita

Games = yes?

Rogerioandrade said:
well.. the Rayman Legends example is really, really dissapointing. I was expecting that it would be possible to control Murphy with Vita´s touchscreen (like it is on the WiiU), but nope.....

It seems that Vita may work in a few games just like an extra controller and nothing more than that. Well.. it was not designed with that function in mind after all.

Given you can use the Vita in a Wii U gamepad style on PS3, I somehow think this is more Ubisoft deciding it's not worth the resources to implement than a technical inadequacy on the hardware front.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
Rogerioandrade said:

Given you can use the Vita in a Wii U gamepad style on PS3, I somehow think this is more Ubisoft deciding it's not worth the resources to implement than a technical inadequacy on the hardware front.

Technically, yes, but unlike the Gamepad, Vita wasn´t designed from scratch to do that. I believe there must be some intricating programming to make it work like the gamepad, which maybe prevented Ubisoft to work on it.