By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Seriously, PS4 sold out again! Why is the hype so crazy??

Glad you got a Vita with it! enjoying it so far?

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

Around the Network

I wouldn't consider myself a hardcore gamer but the ps4 is probably the first 'launch' console I bought (possibly N64 as well but I can't remember).

I bought it mainly to see the initial graphical jump in games -- I certainly noticed a positive difference in going to 1080p, and because I know that it will be a gaming powerhouse in the future. Of course I could wait...but I'd rather not, and I'm not alone.

pokoko said:
Sony did the best job of alienating the least amount of potential customers.

Ha which is funny because Sony's known for alienating customers!

fatslob-:O said:

Cause it's the only console that didn't screw up anything ... (It's essentially perfect some could say.)

Except for the PS3 having DENA and More media support in general.

Gotta fix that damn controller build quality( shit tears too much ) and battery life ( seriously why is the light always on)

ninetailschris said:
leo-j said:
Because of what sony did with the ps3.. They deserve trust and sales.. To go from barely having better first party than microsoft , to surpassing Nintendo.. With innovative IP after IP.. They proved themselves last gen

I needed a good laugh. The reason is it's under stocked. The wii and ps2 was doing way more per week than ps4 now. The hype was much bigger because (DVD and casuals). People on here are acting like wii numbers are here. People are not talking about the ps4 like they are iPhones.

Yup, I agree. Nintendo used to sell 20-30M per quarter like the iPhone... -_-

Yes, PS4 is understocked. It only launched in how many countries within the last 4 months and in 1 week to launch in JPN?

Give it up. PS4 is dominating right now, and unless we have a serious change I dont see how that is going to change.

Trust me, Donkey Kong won't do it.

As someone else mentioned in another thread, we are in a time where people most likely will not buy multiple gaming consoles.

People have iPhones, Android phones, Kindles, etc... If they buy a home gaming consoles they will most likely buy only one of them and at the current time it looks to be the ps4.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
fatslob-:O said:

Cause it's the only console that didn't screw up anything ... (It's essentially perfect some could say.)

Except for the PS3 having DENA and More media support in general.

Gotta fix that damn controller build quality( shit tears too much ) and battery life ( seriously why is the light always on)

It still didn't screw up on where it counts ...

but but gaming is doomed. consoles are near death.

ps4 kicks ass! go buy one.

No people just accepted it because Muh PS3.

Seriously why Pay for online gameplay? NOPE TOO BUSY HYPED ABOUT DESTINY AND THE DIVISION TO CARE ABOUT IT NOT BEING OFFLINE WHATSOEVER

Makes you wonder where the stock is going to and what Sony's plan might be. How much could they be holding back for the Japanese launch? I sure hope they are not just holding back stock to release closer to March (as some have theorized).

There is no way they have ramped down production (well no logical reason I can think of, as they are expanding and selling out, though I guess it is possible some components are coming in to slowly?)

I would love to see the numbers if they could hold stock (Just did a quick Bestbuy/Walmart/Gamestop/Target store check of 100miles around the RDU area and no stock anywhere. Not even the silly bundles.)

Locknuts said:

People must be really keen for a new piece of hardware. I can't imagine it's the software causing the hype. I'm actually considering one too but I'm tossing up spending AU$550 on a PS4 or a videocard when Nvidia Maxwell hits.

Edit: Also what leo-j said ^

Get the PS4, I mean unless you really need to upgrade your graphics card.