By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Seriously, PS4 sold out again! Why is the hype so crazy??

fireburn95 said:
In stock again over 999 units - Feb NPD gonna be crazy

That is good news lol. Wonder if anyone created a thread yet to keep track of it

Around the Network
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
BeElite said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
BeElite said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
leo-j said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
leo-j said:
Because of what sony did with the ps3.. They deserve trust and sales.. To go from barely having better first party than microsoft , to surpassing Nintendo.. With innovative IP after IP.. They proved themselves last gen

Surpassing Nintendo? Are you drunk? 

Uncharted/littlebigplanet/infamous/killzone/ratchet/jak/godofwar/granturismo/journey/pixeljunkip/heavy rain/ beyond two souls/ the last of us/ puppettier/ all say hi... And all show the variety that Nintendo cannot even touch

Mario(3D,2D.Paper) / Legend of Zelda / Metroid / Pokemon / Smash Bros / Xenoblade / Mario Kart / Donkey Kong / Star Fox / Pikmin / Kirby / Fire Emblem / ZombiU / Yoshi / Luigi's Mansion/ Animal Crossing all say.....do you really want to go there? 

is that supposed to impress anyone lol.  look at all the dead franchises with no releases in years and no signs of any in the future.  sony crushes them in franchise variety and amount.  

using starfox showes how desperate you argument is.  last console release a decade ago.  

Actually, Starfox was remade in 3D on the 3DS and if rumours end up correct, another entry in the franchise is coming. All of those franchises have upcoming games or have already been released recently. Please do your homework Mr.Elite before making false statements. 

Sony crushes in variety?  Well, in that list there are 3D/2D platformers, RPG's, FPS, Survival Horror, Racing, Fighting, Action Adventure, RTS, Simulation and Turn Based Strategy. Last time I checked that displayed quite the variety.

console.

i dont care about handheld.  we are discussing consoles in case u missed it.

nice lies, show proof pokemon and metroid are coming to the wiiu.  wheres the proof starfox u is happening, not just empty dreams of a failing consoles fanbase.

No. Leo-J and I were debating franchises. Not consoles. 

An iteration of Pokemon has already been confirmed for Wii U. Whether it is a full fledged game or the likes of Pokemon Stadium is still to be announced.

Show me proof that God of War, Ratchet,ect are comining to PS4. While they haven't been confirmed, it is a good assumption they will, even though their last iterations did not have the greatest sales. A new series in Jak & Daxter hasn't been seen on consoles since PS2 but it is still fair for Leo-J to use it because it is a reccuring franchise . Same thing with either Metroid or Star Fox. Metroid is most likely a definite and Star Fox is a good possibility, not an empty dream. 

If you want to go by franchsies then Sony easily overwhelms nintendo, Sony is good at making new ones and has been each gen.  Ninty is majority more of the same with a new ips far inbetween.

Nirvana_Nut85 said:

Sony crushes in variety?  Well, in that list there are 3D/2D platformers, RPG's, FPS, Survival Horror, Racing, Fighting, Action Adventure, RTS, Simulation and Turn Based Strategy. Last time I checked that displayed quite the variety.

While comparing Nintendo's diversity to Sony's is debatable, which is in Nintendo's favor since they are basically the oldest highly aclaimed software developer, Sony 3rd party support dwarfs Nintendo's. Nintendo doesn't have more variety than the rest of entire console industry. You could argue that this is the trend recently since everyone is trying to be COD, but since you include ips of previous generation, I would do the same.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

pezus said:
kappie1977 said:
pezus said:
kappie1977 said:
ninetailschris said:
leo-j said:
Because of what sony did with the ps3.. They deserve trust and sales.. To go from barely having better first party than microsoft , to surpassing Nintendo.. With innovative IP after IP.. They proved themselves last gen

I needed a good laugh. The reason is it's under stocked. The wii and ps2 was doing way more per week than ps4 now. The hype was much bigger because (DVD and casuals). People on here are acting like wii numbers are here. People are not talking about the ps4 like they are iPhones.

Do you have an overview onthe weekly sales of PS2 and WII in their first few month?
Because I remember to have read something last week that the Xbox one and PS4 have set records in terms of first release sales and also weekly sales in the console market!

PS4 was the fastest selling console of all time at launch and it still is way ahead of Wii (which held the record before). Does anything more need to be said?

I thought the same thing, but because ninetailschris said PS2/WII weekly sales are still way more. I'm interested in his links/overview of the numbers.

We can't really compare to PS2 weekly sales, because they do not exist here this early on.

See this post for a Wii comparison for this year: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6073525

PS4 is way above PS2. PS2 launched in March 4 2000 in Japan ending the fiscal year 99 (31 march 2000)  with 1'41m shipped, Oct-Nov 2000 in USA-Europe. In fiscal year 2000 it shipped 9'20m PS2 for a total 10'61m. PS2 exploded after that.

So basically in 13 months (only 5 months for non Japan territories) it shipped almost 11m PS2. PS4 has already shipped probably more than 5m 3 months after launch. Only needs to ship more than 6m in the next 10 months to beat those PS2 shipments. if PS4 is going to ship this fiscal year around 7m by March 31 2014 it seems it will be a very easy task. 

For comparison Wii shipped 5'84m in the same time (until 31 March 2007), so people saying Sony is doing wrong with shipments know nothing. Nintendo shipped 18'61m Wii's in the next fiscal year. Maybe Sony won't ship so much, but i'm sure it will ship more than the 9'20m PS2 did. I think it will be no less than 15m shipments for FY 2014 for PS4.

For more information PS3 shipped 3'61m FY 2006 (until March 2007) and another 9'24m FY 2007 for a total 12'85m shipped until March 31 2008.

This is of course shipment numbers and not sold to consumer numbers, but at least, are facts.

leo-j said:
Nintendo dropped the Wii shortly after Wii u launched.. Ps3 is still getting game after game.. Over three years since the Wii was dropped..

It's about demand, not the company itself. Many games still come out for the NDS, what about PSP?

Around the Network

Potential, the price is right too... everybody wants 1080p games!

Honestly, I got Tomb Raider on it, after playing Resogun, Killzone:SF, Don't Starve, Outlast... and while waiting for Infamous:SS then the Order 1886 (assuming the order ends up being nearly as good the the hype implies...) then a couple of other games depending on our interest + the best multi-platform titles all the time...

BeElite said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
BeElite said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
BeElite said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
leo-j said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
leo-j said:

Surpassing Nintendo? Are you drunk? 

Uncharted/littlebigplanet/infamous/killzone/ratchet/jak/godofwar/granturismo/journey/pixeljunkip/heavy rain/ beyond two souls/ the last of us/ puppettier/ all say hi... And all show the variety that Nintendo cannot even touch

Mario(3D,2D.Paper) / Legend of Zelda / Metroid / Pokemon / Smash Bros / Xenoblade / Mario Kart / Donkey Kong / Star Fox / Pikmin / Kirby / Fire Emblem / ZombiU / Yoshi / Luigi's Mansion/ Animal Crossing all say.....do you really want to go there? 

is that supposed to impress anyone lol.  look at all the dead franchises with no releases in years and no signs of any in the future.  sony crushes them in franchise variety and amount.  

using starfox showes how desperate you argument is.  last console release a decade ago.  

Actually, Starfox was remade in 3D on the 3DS and if rumours end up correct, another entry in the franchise is coming. All of those franchises have upcoming games or have already been released recently. Please do your homework Mr.Elite before making false statements. 

console.

i dont care about handheld.  we are discussing consoles in case u missed it.

nice lies, show proof pokemon and metroid are coming to the wiiu.  wheres the proof starfox u is happening, not just empty dreams of a failing consoles fanbase.

No. Leo-J and I were debating franchises. Not consoles. 

An iteration of Pokemon has already been confirmed for Wii U. Whether it is a full fledged game or the likes of Pokemon Stadium is still to be announced.

Show me proof that God of War, Ratchet,ect are comining to PS4. While they haven't been confirmed, it is a good assumption they will, even though their last iterations did not have the greatest sales. A new series in Jak & Daxter hasn't been seen on consoles since PS2 but it is still fair for Leo-J to use it because it is a reccuring franchise . Same thing with either Metroid or Star Fox. Metroid is most likely a definite and Star Fox is a good possibility, not an empty dream. 

If you want to go by franchsies then Sony easily overwhelms nintendo, Sony is good at making new ones and has been each gen.  Ninty is majority more of the same with a new ips far inbetween.

I don't really see them overwhelming Nintendo at all.Nintendo has some of the strongest well known I.P's on the planet which have stood the test of time. The only franchise Sony has been able to do that with is Gran Turismo (and soon to be GoW). A lot of their I.P's eventually fall into irrelevancy. So while they may not innovate as many new games per gen, they manage to build onto the legacy of their current ones.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:

You guys really dont pay attention do you?

I guess not since I really don't know why you are saying this and not something about how the ps4 didn't really drop off a cliff like you first said.

you made a claim that was wrong. I showed you in detail how you are wrong and was hoping you would pay attention to it.