By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NES REMIX 1+2 Box Art ! I want it too :/

I'd buy a physical copy of that.

Around the Network
BraveNewWorld said:
I don't get Nintendo's DLC philosophy. Why waste time and money to create and distribute physical copies? They only do this for Wii U, too. Nintendo doesn't pull nonsense like this by bundling Pushmo and Crashmo into physical copies...

If they keep doing it then it must be working for them, also this is kinda similar to Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection which sold over 3m physical copies.

Yeah, I also hope we get a retail version for the West... I much prefer physical copies to digital ones, even if it means paying a few extra bucks. And that nice box-art is hitting me right in the nostalgia...

I think is a good idea, a lot of people don't know some game exists till they are available as physical boxes, and some others (like me) don't buy digital stuff. Also this compile 2 games in one disc and looks like they have something to close the gap between titles. Additionally sales on Japan of digital stuff are not very good, so maybe that is why they only made it for that country.

NES remix must have sold really well in Japan for them to consider a retail release. That or it`s being released to to fill their release schedule.

It`s not surprising - now that i think of it - seeing as there`s a Wii U bundle coming out in Japan in March, that includes the 3 Wii Sports games.

P.s. I'd buy the retail release!

Around the Network
BraveNewWorld said:
I don't get Nintendo's DLC philosophy. Why waste time and money to create and distribute physical copies? They only do this for Wii U, too. Nintendo doesn't pull nonsense like this by bundling Pushmo and Crashmo into physical copies...

I personally hate DLC and I'll buy only retail copies. A lot of people are like that. Nintendo has to respect that. Plus I feel Nintendo should put all their ressources on full fledged games instead of eshop and wiiware only titles. I did not buy a 250$ system to play 5$ games and Nintendo need system sellers and more 3rd party support and an incresed production capacity. Not to fill their games droughts wii Rusty Baseball and subpar games. 

I would gladly play 29 bucks for that disc and that almost all games can be archive/play in some  3.5" floppy disks
-_-

Nintendo is an evil corporation for not bringing this masterpiece of a game in America and Europe.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

So about $30 for all dem challenge levels? Sign me up!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

travis said:
BraveNewWorld said:

I personally hate DLC and I'll buy only retail copies. A lot of people are like that. Nintendo has to respect that. Plus I feel Nintendo should put all their ressources on full fledged games instead of eshop and wiiware only titles. I did not buy a 250$ system to play 5$ games and Nintendo need system sellers and more 3rd party support and an incresed production capacity. Not to fill their games droughts wii Rusty Baseball and subpar games. 

Nintendo needs to support and grow their online network. They can't do that if they release their major eShop exclusives as retail games. Nintendo is only harming themselves by telling customers, like yourself, that they don't have to care about the eShop. At most they should distribute giftcards to retailers.

Nintendo didn't develop NES Remix, they got indieszero to make the series. NES Remix is also $15, not $5. I don't think that any of Nintendo's major eShop titles are $5.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata